Need some input on an install on my pov!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I have a TLF installed and i have two housings in which don't light up, so i was wondering if i should put strobes or haw led's in the housings? Not sure if there would be too much going on. The link below shows my rear tlf setup. Note: i do have other warning in the rear window just so you guys know, it just wasn't activated.

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
dude, first you need one of the solid state sequential taillight flasher kits made for the impala. Secondly, id def put some Led hideaways in the tails.

Looks great!

You should also consider doing the chromed reflector mod on the tails. I stumbled on it a few years ago on the web. A guy took his 96' tails and baked them in the oven for a short time so he could remove the lens from the reflectors, then he sprayed a heat resistant chrome paint on the insides. Once it was done and reassembled, the factory bulbs looked much, much brighter!!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I would do the sequential Taillights but they cost about $125 and i will do the chrome reflector mod when I get another set of taillights.

Do you have an impala ss yourself? I have a 95 and 96 both Dark Grey Green Metallic.

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
no, i dont have one, but i did do lots of steering wheel refurbishing for them many moons ago. Used to strip off the old leather and hand sew a brand new die cut OEM style leather pattern onto the wheel. When done, it was exactly the same as when the car was brand new.

oh, and i found the sequential flasher cheaper:

STS-3MP Sequential Turn Signals, $89.95

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
TritonBoulder47 said:
That's the body style I'd love to have for a project car... I've always likes their look...

I have two and i'm looking for a 3rd! My 95 is about to get a new 475hp 383 stroker!

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
both of my 94 caprice's have the taillight flasher and a pair of hideaway strobes mounted in the center brake housing , it looks good and thats how the police department had it back in the day. these cars I have were sergeant's cars (slick tops) they did a nice job on this group of cars when they put them together, they used code 3 as-2's on the rear deck and they painted the lights, light brackets, cages and all windsheild light housing parts the same color as the interior, the exteriors were all non white colors mine is medium Adriatic blue, and the other is dark cherry metalic , the blue car has blue int, and the maroon car has tan. they painted the spot lights body color too.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I suggest NOT getting HLF and rear HAWs. When used at the same time it's very confusing. TLFs ARE very effective.

Also, why do you have a LA truck plate on your car?
:p

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Pimp said:
I suggest NOT getting HLF and rear HAWs. When used at the same time it's very confusing. TLFs ARE very effective.

Also, why do you have a LA truck plate on your car?
:p

Thats what i thought! And maybe i don't want to pay the kansas taxes on my car :p

cory y

May 21, 2010
whelen25 said:
you need to put some led whelen vertex HPD has them for $110 a pair plus $5 or $10 shipping red lens you should do clear led.

ok.. well grammar first off

second red lens use red led...

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Whatever you do, I'd suggest removing the CHMSL from the TLF... ;)

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
rwo978 said:
Whatever you do, I'd suggest removing the CHMSL from the TLF... ;)
\

Can't, if you flash the brake lights that automatically lights up, they're all wired into one wire in the harness.

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
How do you have the wiring connected? Maybe hook up to the turn signal/hazard wires? If not, maybe isolate with a diode or something? FMVSS 108 says the CHMSL must only be lit when braking and may not flash.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.