Wanted Needing 3 oscilasers for mx jetstream or vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
Needing 3 oscilasers since I can’t find a light that sweeps back and forth. This is for a indoor project. Can be for a mx7009 or jetstream or vista. Other brands may work too.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Hi John. I wasn't sure if these would be of any help for your project.
I have a pair of MX7000 corner sweeps and a pair of Vista corner sweeps. The
reflectors, gears, motors and 795x bulbs are in really good shape.
PM me if interested.

MX-Vista CornerSweeps 002.JPG

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
Hi John. I wasn't sure if these would be of any help for your project.
I have a pair of MX7000 corner sweeps and a pair of Vista corner sweeps. The
reflectors, gears, motors and 795x bulbs are in really good shape.
PM me if interested.

View attachment 219932
The ones I’m looking for look like a rotator but go back and forth, it a ascilaser but I may can make oscilasers surface if I have to

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I have 2 of the oscilazers you are asking for out on an MX. PM me your e-mail address and Ill send you pictures. I was just getting ready to flea-bay them.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I just read your other post. I think you are looking for what are called stingrays. Only code 3 had them. They are a 2 part device, the multi function rotator and a control box. The oscilazers I spoke of in the above post move up and down as well as side to side.

LenH

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
I just read your other post. I think you are looking for what are called stingrays. Only code 3 had them. They are a 2 part device, the multi function rotator and a control box. The oscilazers I spoke of in the above post move up and down as well as side to side.
Yes that’s why they were my second choice. I think some bars called them stingers or sting rays but back in the 90s I ordered a new 58” mx7000 and they were calling them “traffic clearing lights” for the mx7000. The bar I ordered for the ambulance had 4 rotators, 2 center sweep Tlc lights and 2 more where the mirrors would be. It also had 4 front flashers and intersection sweeps. I thing to the rear because it was a van type ambo with the high rise roof that had a front section cut out like where the bar mounted. Originally had a edge 9000 with some funky flashing going on. Had 3 lights that would flash all together then one that would flash alone. Tried to rewrite it but for some reason the 4 head power supply had all lights flashing simotameously and one light flashing on some dinky square single power supply. Looked horrible and had no corner lights, all 73 style strobe heads. Had no corner lights and no side lights at all. The rest of the bus was flashers no other strobes. The mx really seemed to help move traffic. I always like the edge bars but gesh and it did not seem nearly as bright as regular edge bars either.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I have had some funky edges in my life time too. The stingers were the Code 3 version of the mars 888 light. I have never seen the MX sweeps. All the MX's and LP's that I have worked on that had the sweeps (other then the intersections) were stingrays.

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
I have either one or two stingrays, they use sealed beams. Let me know if you're interested, when I get back home this weekend from vacation I can get you some pictures. They are in great shape and work fine.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
The par36 sealed beam lights that y'all speak of were for the Code3 SD and XL bars.
They won't fit in his MX, Jet, Vista project.
Correct. However,
The sealed beam ones were the stinger and only went in the XL. It will not fit properly in a SD(when I say SD I mean the sealed beam version). Iv tried :)
The Bayonet base ones were stingers and needed a special rotator and matching control module. They went in the Independent rotators, XL's only (not the sealed beam, again, they would not fit right with the belt, in this case the control mod would not fit right), LP's, MX, Excalibur.

I do have 2 Oscilasers that I am about to flea bay...or here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.