Needing Basic Whelen information

AP330

Mar 5, 2022
Alpine
Hello,
I’ve kind of been thrust into my new position. I’m semi experienced with emergency vehicle lighting but not with the wiring and ins and outs of these controllers. I’m looking for help on adding in lights to our current system which uses a 295SDA1 for command vehicles. I’m adding these lights to be included into the main 3 position (4 technically) switch. It appears from the manual that J2 is powered for that. Where do I begin? The manual isn’t explicitly clear. I normally would go back thru one of the lights to figure out how it’s wired in but since this is in service I’d rather not do that.

Thank you.

cabunty

Sep 21, 2014
New England
Hello,
I’ve kind of been thrust into my new position. I’m semi experienced with emergency vehicle lighting but not with the wiring and ins and outs of these controllers. I’m looking for help on adding in lights to our current system which uses a 295SDA1 for command vehicles. I’m adding these lights to be included into the main 3 position (4 technically) switch. It appears from the manual that J2 is powered for that. Where do I begin? The manual isn’t explicitly clear. I normally would go back thru one of the lights to figure out how it’s wired in but since this is in service I’d rather not do that.

Thank you.
Looks like the easiest way to add on three is to tap off the white wire on J2?

1646597279172.png

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.