New 4 Raptor 16 dash light review

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
recently i have acquired 4 Raptor 16 dash lights(federal signal Viper S2 knock-off). so far for a cheap dash light i have been continuously impressed! very low price, feels cheaply made, but wicked bright. my previous setup was one of these dash lights and a Damega Mini Bullet. it overpowered my mini Bullet which is when i decided to sell it to get more of these Raptors. they say you get what you pay for.. this is true. but i feel these are worth more than they are valued in my honest opinion, regardless of what some may think.

PROS: very low price. perfect for those on a tight budget like myself. very bright. comes with flashback shield, suction cups and bracket. wide range of color options. seller(s) are awesome to deal with. :D

CONS: flashback shield comes off very easily so gotta be careful. housing feels cheaply made being that its made of plastic but at least it isnt so heavy that the suction cups cant hold it on like some ledoutfitters dash lights i have had. cant be synced. doesnt come with extra screws for perm mount.

OVERALL RATING: from a 1-10 scale with 10 being the highest, i would rate this a solid 7/10 and would highly recommend to those who dont have a lot of money but need a really noticeable light.

will upload pics in the morning. for now, here is a video.

Last edited by a moderator:

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
So what you're saying is, this dash light (which is a LED Outfitters/Damega light) is brighter than your other LED Outfitters/Damega Light?

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
chrismartin1701 said:
that is correct sir.

nope. didnt know it was here

any update???????

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
after having these lights for over 3 months now, they are having issues. the housings have all melted and now the pattern change button is stuck inside the housings. 911 has offered to replace them if i ship them back, but i cant afford to do that right now. they still work good, minus the pattern button and the melting housings. but you get what you pay for, so to speak.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
chrismartin1701 said:
after having these lights for over 3 months now, they are having issues. the housings have all melted and now the pattern change button is stuck inside the housings. 911 has offered to replace them if i ship them back, but i cant afford to do that right now. they still work good, minus the pattern button and the melting housings. but you get what you pay for, so to speak.

I had the same problems with the ones I tested a few months back. I did an 8 hour test indoors and the housing started to melt. The temps were above 170°F and the obvious smell of burning plastic. Due to the poor construction of the unit and what I considered to be poor output (flat beam), we decided not to even waste any more time reviewing the product, it was obviously inferior.

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
Jman423 said:
I had the same problems with the ones I tested a few months back. I did an 8 hour test indoors and the housing started to melt. The temps were above 170°F and the obvious smell of burning plastic. Due to the poor construction of the unit and what I considered to be poor output (flat beam), we decided not to even waste any more time reviewing the product, it was obviously inferior.

mine are from exposure to direct sunlight. these have seen light use and even when they are lit for a few hours at a time they hardly get hot. but they are melting nonetheless.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
chrismartin1701 said:

That's why the lights (seemed) so bright. They are just overpowered and frying themselves from the inside out. Why replace them, just so it will happen again? He SHOULD have offered you (a) a better quality product, or ( B) a full refund. See if you could work out a deal for a L18 light, or whatever he calls it. Just one of those would be better than 3 of the dash lights you have.

Also those lights are very lightweight. You can ship three of them for under $8 I bet. I believe both of you are located in NY, so it may even be less than $8. Just put them in a box, and mark them 2 lbs. You can print a label through USPS.com right at home. Best of luck

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.