New 9M Take-Down Project

mixerbd699

May 22, 2010
Fort Worth, Tx
I had posted on here about getting LED scene lights and using them as fog lamps but I decided to abandon that idea and just reuse this threat.

I got a pair of FLTDLED heads which are the Super LED take down units for a freedom from chargerlighting. And will be mounting these bad boys in my 9M replacing 2 of my 4 halogen takedowns.

(Pics coming this evening!)

Last edited by a moderator:

mixerbd699

May 22, 2010
Fort Worth, Tx
I believe i can get em for about what regular 600 series leds run. They would save me power compared to the 100watt halogen bulbs that are in mine now. But i'm not sure they'll fit exactly

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I think it will be a different beam pattern. You may end up with too much glare in fog using scene lights. Fogs are meant to cut off most of the light horizontally above center.

Dan

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Ditto on the beam pattern. Plus, unless you're installing it on an electric vehicle, there's no point trying to conserve power when the engine's running.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.