New Autobiographical Book About Combo Fire Service

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
Hi Gang,
I came to ELB originally to start a small hobby of collecting vintage equipment. I've been out of active firefighting service since 1985, due to an injury. Prior to that, I served in two combination departments, one in the Greensboro NC area and the second was up near Syracuse NY. Even though I've been out for so long, it's always been a part of my life. I still have strong friendships with members of both departments, however the first time was very interesting for both my wife and me.

To that end, I've published a book of how a guy like me, who had been planning to be a Rabbi, winds up in the Greensboro NC area and a volunteer in a combination department, where not only had there never been Jewish members, but 95% of the members had never even met someone of the Jewish faith.

My book, "Fish Out of Water: 2 Jewish Guys in a Deep South Firehouse," is available on Amazon's Kindle platform for $3.99. A portion of the proceeds are being donated to the National Fallen Firefighters' Foundation in Emmitsburgh MD.

This link will take you right to the Amazon page: http://tinyurl.com/NCFirefighting.

Thanks very much and Stay Safe!
Steve Greene

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.