New, Boston, MA police graphics

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
Don't understand departments that use different vehicles that uses vehicle specific graphics! Just try and use this on a charger or a taurus it would'nt look good at all. Caprices to Chargers etc, use of simple paint schemes and/or graphics (badges,lettering) for a more uniformed department. This vehicle just does'nt do anything for me or the departments moral. Loved the older units better, just my opinion. Carry on.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
I think the graphic is ok except "Boston" should be the same size as "Police". "Boston" looks stupid in little writing. I also agree the department's graphics need to be applicable across the fleet, with understandable deviations for specialty vehicles.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
LED said:
Hate it, font is terrible, so are all the triangles. Was absolutely nothing wrong with the layout before. Also note this is the first time in history the BPD will have pillar spotlights.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.bpdnews.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/police-car.jpg

These are the ones I really like. Glad they are getting spotlights, but that's all I really think needed to be changed (other then the multiple colors seem a little cluttered). I don't think BPD will be using multiple kinds of vehicles, but the old scheme probably wouldn't look great on a Charger either.

V

VTfireftr

I am curious as to who got the contract to supply the cruisers.

MHQ must be pissed.

Probably got underbid again by a vendor who changed their specs after the bid sheet was submitted, like what happened in the 90's when an unnamed company did the same and then lost a big lawsuit.

Got to love that mumbles wants to get jobs in Boston, but doesn't want cars made in North America.

I'm glad I no longer live in Taxatooshits, especially Bawston.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Not a fan.. :no:

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
VTfireftr said:
I am curious as to who got the contract to supply the cruisers.

MHQ must be pissed.

Probably got underbid again by a vendor who changed their specs after the bid sheet was submitted, like what happened in the 90's when an unnamed company did the same and then lost a big lawsuit.

Got to love that mumbles wants to get jobs in Boston, but doesn't want cars made in North America.

I'm glad I no longer live in Taxatooshits, especially Bawston.

Liberty/Adamson.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Well let me be the first to say that I like them. I think they look good, but I would also make Boston the same size as Police.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

VTfireftr

Same players as the last lawsuit.

Not saying it's going to happen, but I would love to see the bid sheets.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Go back!!!! Stay with the traditional look! You don't see other major cities changing anytime soon...

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
VTfireftr said:
Same players as the last lawsuit.

Not saying it's going to happen, but I would love to see the bid sheets.

Makes you wonder.....

Anyway, I like it except for the small BOSTON as expressed earlier.

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
I'll be that guy...

Ugly car, ugly graphics. Steelies are the only way to go on the new Caprice.

A website has no place on an emergency vehicle, either. It's not a billboard, it's a piece of apparatus.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
jprleedy4680 said:
A website has no place on an emergency vehicle, either. It's not a billboard, it's a piece of apparatus.

Eh, I disagree with you on that. The entire point of a marked vehicle is to be a billboard, it tells people you are the police and you are there to do your job. As for the website, a lot of places around here are now using online reporting to help reduce the call load for minor stuff.

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
RL1 said:
Eh, I disagree with you on that. The entire point of a marked vehicle is to be a billboard, it tells people you are the police and you are there to do your job. As for the website, a lot of places around here are now using online reporting to help reduce the call load for minor stuff.

I can see the thought in advertising a reporting website on a RMP, don't get me wrong. I like marked vehicles and making a known presence. My thought is simply that there are enough forms of media, be it digital, print, pens, pencils, fridge magnets, etc. to make such a website known. I don't see it as an imperative addition to a graphics package.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Don't see the point of showing the website so big like that, but it's pretty decent IMO. They kept the blue hood and trunklid, so I'm sold.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
I'm a huge fan of 1) Having a dept website and 2) displaying it on the car.

The more people who decide to visit the web before calling to ask about permits, or hours the park is open, or where they can pick up an accident report... the more time I'll have to do my other duties.

That said, I was never a fan of the "clip-art" style graphics on a PD car... seeing this vehicle fast I thought it looked like a security vehicle.

Of course, that could just be a result of not being "used to" the graphics scheme yet.

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
My first reaction was that I like it, but looking at it further, I'm not crazy how they have the letters in 'Boston' so much smaller than 'Police'. That would look ok of they were stacked, but placed side by side they just don't flow well.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
SafetyLighting said:
Liberty/Adamson.

Adamson... yikes! They have decent deals now and then, but they do the cars for the PD I do some training with... yikes! The cars are a mess. plenty of Exposed wires in the passenger foot well. haven't looked into detail in the wiring of the rest of the car.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
As a whole conceptually it works, however to beat the horse as its been said repeatedly, bigger badge, same size boston/police, and make the link smaller

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.