New build finalizing flash patterns, critiques and suggestions!?

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
Recently took delivery of a 2018 PIU, general LE use. All lights are SOS controlled via bluePRINT. Looking for suggestions for better flash patterns and sync options. So far here is what I've come up with, which I'm happy with and seems to be working rather well.

Just about all lights are either nForce or mPower dual colors. I can't add lights, so the overall package can't really be changed. Not that I really want to, I'm happy with the setup. I lack lower level lighting all around the car, I realize that, but again, nothing I can do. Side lighting is actually pretty incredible, I just didn't capture it in the video. The LED high beams aren't done justice in the video, they seriously pop.

Video goes in several segments:
1st: Rear pattern for all stages. Note the license plate mPowers are on slow runner flash synced with every other light, the camera made them seem like they flash, but everything in the back has the same pattern.
2nd: Stage 1, note the inner 2 red and blue modules steady burn, the camera makes them fade in and out.
3rd: Stage 2, CHP style minus the steady red
4th: Stage 3, bottoms are on warp123 pattern, bar is Impact pattern, rear is the same as the others.
5th: Pursuit cut and a low level rear warning for low speed traffic roadside activities (Amber vs blue)

I also have low cruise, high cruise, blackout, alley, arrow, and takedown functions that aren't captured.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Love the build! I wish more depts would do the CHP look, because it is a prime example of simple is effective. I don’t think you need any lower level warning TBH since you have great side warning as it is

A few minor tweaks that I’d make:

1) rear light stick: alternate 4 outer (red/blue) lightheads and 4 inner (amber) lightheads in the same slow single flash

2) I’m not a fan of having ALL red on one side and ALL blue on the other side of a build. Also, I know you can’t add stuff. That being said, I personally would like to see some of the Driver side lighting swapped to the Passenger side (& vice versa), so that you have a mix of red and blue lights on each side

3) I don’t love the ILB flash pattern where the clear basically looks like a center out TA pattern....I think alternating triple flash of clear then triple flash of that side’s respective color (red/blue) looks better and is more eye-catching with a larger pop of white while responding

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.