New Charger Tires...Recommendations please.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
If it's a police package, check out the Michigan State Police test results to see what they use. They seem to write the book on cruisers and tires, brakes, etc.

jdip

May 26, 2010
Mooresville , NC
Thanks for the resource that helped quite a bit. They seem to have used stock tires in the eval for the 2009 and the Police Package has custom OEM tires.

Lt. Dino

May 24, 2010
Georgetown, USA
I've got an '06 R/T, with 225/60 R18 tire size. When I bought it used, it had new General Altimax HP tires (Grand Touring, All-Season). These tires were awesome. Great in the warm months and cornering, excellent in the rain, and pretty freakin' good in the snow. But they only lasted 30,000 miles (bald), so I just replaced them with Sumitomo HTR A/S P01 tires (High Performance, All-Season). The Sumitomo's have a 65,000 mile/5 year warranty. I've only put 5,000 miles on 'em so far. They're pretty good in the warm months, and after yesterday's Blizzard, I got around just fine. The only thing I don't like about the Sumitomos is that when it's cold outside, if you let your car sit for 8+ hours without moving, they somewhat flat spot. Takes about 10-15 minutes of driving for them to round out. Other than that, not a bad tire, especially for $106 a piece!

cpd1212

May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
Don't get Goodyear Integrity tires. I have them on my 08 Magnum and they are JUNK. Uneven, premature wear. Rotated properly and alignment checked twice. Garbage tires.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Lt. Dino said:
I've got an '06 R/T, with 225/60 R18 tire size. When I bought it used, it had new General Altimax HP tires (Grand Touring, All-Season). These tires were awesome. Great in the warm months and cornering, excellent in the rain, and pretty freakin' good in the snow. But they only lasted 30,000 miles (bald)

I have the General Altimax HP (235-55-17) on my 06 CVPI that I just put on. I wanted to put another set of Goodyear Assurance Tripletreads, which was a damn good tire, but I got tired of them being on back order for months on end.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
how about a lift and some mud terrians....just kidding...Good year is a great tire are pd here runs them alot with no problem

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yokohama Avid Envigor H&V's...highest rated tire on Tire Rack in the High Performance All-Season category...Continental Extreme Contact's are a pretty good tire also. IIRC, I believe the PPV Charger uses Pirelli P-Zero's as OEM if that's what you want to stick with (because of bidding and what not).

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
the Tripletred may be a good tire, but for the 17 and 18" wheel sizes, most of the tires are only "H" speed rated (up to 130). Sure, most cruisers don't get that fast on a daily basis, but a V8 Charger can easily do 150. My civilian V8 Charger has the speed limiter set to 155 and after I removed the limiter it was moving past 160, but about then I remembered that my tires were rated to 149 so I backed down. Fun day, though! Haven't been that fast since, even sold my helmet and reset the computer to stock specs, sold the programmer to an officer in DC.

Mine currently has a now-discontinued tread design from Yokohama, the Avid V4S. Did ok on the track and whatnot but not so great in the snow last year, I've also noticed that they don't grip very well when cold. I can spin them very easily when the temperature drops and not even leave much rubber on the ground. I doubt the Avid W4S tires would do much better. I'm looking at the Yokohama Parada Spec-X or the Continental ExtremeContact DWS for when I replace the tires in the spring, they both have great reviews.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
BigDogg795 said:
Yokohama Avid Envigor H&V's...highest rated tire on Tire Rack in the High Performance All-Season category...Continental Extreme Contact's are a pretty good tire also. IIRC, I believe the PPV Charger uses Pirelli P-Zero's as OEM if that's what you want to stick with (because of bidding and what not).

PPV Chargers have the Continentals on them from the factory. Continental is a crappy tire.

jdip

May 26, 2010
Mooresville , NC
Sorry guys computer self destructed the other night leaving me internet-less. Its a civi Charger with stock and cpd1212 I have integrity tires on there now when I got the car in July the threads were good and the rears are close to shot now. In the rain they are awful and after the first big snow this week my car cant grip the road at all. I agree the integrity tires are complete junk. I was originally gonna go with the Continental tires but seems like Ill be looking into the Assurance Triple Thread first.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
I'm running a set of Perrelli (sp) all seasons on mine. They are a good tire...alot better than the Cooper CSVs that I had, which were a lot better than the factory Continentals.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.