New Chief Trucks for Manhasset-Lakeville F.D., NY

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Manhasset-Lakeville F.D. on Long Island, NY recently placed into service two new 2010 Chevrolet Suburbans to be used as Chief's trucks. One is a 1500 Series, while the other is a 2500 Series. Both trucks have Code 3 LED lighting packages. I was only able to photograph the 1500 Series for now, but will add photos of the 2500 Series truck ASAP. I am not a fan of Code 3 LED products, but I have to say that the RX2700CC lightbar is very bright. Photos and video taken by me. ~Kirk

amlfd.smugmug.com_Apparatus_8701_Truck_87012010_002_923234755_bj2gD_M.jpg

amlfd.smugmug.com_Apparatus_8701_Truck_87012010_008_923236397_2GzXh_M.jpg

amlfd.smugmug.com_Apparatus_8701_Truck_87012010_009_923238668_s3xMw_S.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
looks great. i'm not a huge fan of C3 either, but my dept spec-ed its 2010 engine-tanker (all C3) with the same lightbar, and it's not bad (i personally woulda preferred a freedom, though)

witt455

May 22, 2010
Central Missouri
There is a little too much going on, on the front end for me. Solid colors rather than all split heads and some kind of sychronized pattern would command a lot more attention in my opinion.

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
All of our Chief trucks have dual LED dash lights for mid-level warning with the mirror mounted LED's (the photographed above actually has a Federal Signal Dual Viper LED). The split-color LED's in the grille are Code 3 Optix Exterior LED's, and they don't actually look that bad in person, but Whelen TIR6's are MUCH brighter. What drives me insane that none of the lights on either vehicle are synced!!! ~Kirk

[Broken External Image]:http://code3pse.com/images/item/3&6optxextimg.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Not too bad, apart from the unsync'd lights.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
asweezy said:
the size of the light sticks in the side window is over kill
+1

Same deal with multiple pairs of grille lights. The max you should need is:

- Roof lightbar

- Rear-mount mini bar on SUVs and vans

- 2 Mirror lights OR 2 grille lights

- Two HAW strobes or LEDs in the front turn signals (or in this case, bumper-mount LEDs)

- Maybe an extra pair of rear interior lights

- Maybe an extra pair of side interior lights on SUVs

- Maybe a HLF

v Reply to next post v

I agree - you want people to see a truck with flashing lights, not a blinding red and white glow with a siren.

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
a dash light is just a waste. When looking at a truck from a distance what will you see first the mulitple head bar or a dual head light low behind a window? If you need warning that close to move traffic you are too close.

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Does a 1st response vehicle definitely need a dash light? No, but it doesn't hurt to have one for additional mid-level warning. I also 100% agree that the sticks in the side windows on this particular truck are too large. However, K&D Lighting had nothing to do with the spec or installation of this vehicle.

~Kirk

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
looks good,otherwise guess it is another case of the customer gets what they want. i agree with no need for the dash light but if the spec came in that way or they handed him the equipment he really cannot refuse.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
8 head bar in the side window... now there's overkill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.