new E_One Aerial almost ready for delivery

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Hello everyone, thought i would share our new Ladder (five in one) Truck that's almost off the assembly line, these pics grabbed from the E-One website, of course more pics and vids to follow in the coming weeks... Enjoy

I compiled a wish list of upgrades to the warning package, it appears that most of my recommendations were added. Keep y'all posted.!..

Picture 016.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 015.jpg

View attachment 145982

Picture 013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JazzDad

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Thanks Tony, the second pair of Rota's in the rear were an add on I did not spec, think the Chief had them add em... I did request the Rota's be synched in pairs, the L31's be sync wire connected, front Rota's, hope they made the sync connections, added the Pioneer flasher for the brow lights as well, with a dash mounted override switch, we'll see how well the wiring guru's followed directions... lol I'm happy to see color lenses, that was me... ha

Reactions: tsquale
May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Is the areal staying unpainted?  That would be interesting.  Truck looks great!  A couple of personal observations (an if-it-were-me thing)...

1. I like the solid rear body (no diamond plate) with 100% chevron coverage.
  2. I would have put some more amber to the rear...which ties into point number...
  3. I can't stand those dinky 6 or 8 head light sticks on the back of apparatus.  They do not contribute to the overall warning package.  You can't see them through the larger-footprint lights and you certainly aren't going to direct any traffic with them.  Lane +1 is all the traffic control you need with a fire truck (especially with a ladder, park that thing sideways and you can shut down a 3-lane interstate).

Reactions: StEaLtH2

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
I know that blue lights are becoming more common on fire vehicles.. especially rear-facing. But I've wondered many times why there are blue lights on buckets and at the tops of ladders, even in areas where blue has not been adopted at all fire fire services. 

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
I know that blue lights are becoming more common on fire vehicles.. especially rear-facing. But I've wondered many times why there are blue lights on buckets and at the tops of ladders, even in areas where blue has not been adopted at all fire fire services. 
I always assumed the blue was there to more easily track it in the dark of night while its in the air while also being more obvious in contrast to all the red.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Beautiful quint!

I would have liked to see another set of lights up front (either moved the turn signals up and had M6s adjacent to the rotabeams, or add M6s above the turn signals) to have both the solid flashing and the rotating effects.  For the rear, I would've had more Amber & blue (i.e. Both Lower level rotabeams Amber and both mid level Rotabeams blue).

As for the side lighting, & this is something i tell my uncle (an e-one dealer) all the time is that their aerial side lighting packages SUCK!  I like their aerials a lot, but they always seem to be lacking on side lighting (for a standard tandem axle aerial, they typically have an intersection lighthead, a single lighthead above a rear wheel & an L31 directly above that, & a TIR6 on the lower rear corner.  I think they need to have make standard having a lighthead on the side of the cab & warning lights by each ladder jack (not just the circular lights that illuminate for the jacks when in use)...IMHO there's way too much real estate without side lighting during responses and blocking traffic with 95% of e-one tandem axle aerials.

as for the blue, I think that's been a standard ladder marker light for a while (though I've never seen anything official about it in writing).  Pioneer wigwags are crazy bright; they literally drown out the nfpa freedom on our new engine at night.

Can't wait to see the final product !!!  ETA?

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Is the areal staying unpainted?  That would be interesting.  Truck looks great!  A couple of personal observations (an if-it-were-me thing)...

1. I like the solid rear body (no diamond plate) with 100% chevron coverage.
  2. I would have put some more amber to the rear...which ties into point number...
  3. I can't stand those dinky 6 or 8 head light sticks on the back of apparatus.  They do not contribute to the overall warning package.  You can't see them through the larger-footprint lights and you certainly aren't going to direct any traffic with them.  Lane +1 is all the traffic control you need with a fire truck (especially with a ladder, park that thing sideways and you can shut down a 3-lane interstate).

The aerial is staying natural aluminum, the traffic director was standard, it was a code 3, I spec'd it over to a Whelen product, I spec'd the 700's below the 31's to be one amber, one blue(our State has recently adopted one blue lighthead facing opposite direction of travel), but alas, you guys can see what they did instead, I believe my Chief added the extra lights in the mid level rear, 

Beautiful quint!

I would have liked to see another set of lights up front (either moved the turn signals up and had M6s adjacent to the rotabeams, or add M6s above the turn signals) to have both the solid flashing and the rotating effects.  For the rear, I would've had more Amber & blue (i.e. Both Lower level rotabeams Amber and both mid level Rotabeams blue).

As for the side lighting, & this is something i tell my uncle (an e-one dealer) all the time is that their aerial side lighting packages SUCK!  I like their aerials a lot, but they always seem to be lacking on side lighting (for a standard tandem axle aerial, they typically have an intersection lighthead, a single lighthead above a rear wheel & an L31 directly above that, & a TIR6 on the lower rear corner.  I think they need to have make standard having a lighthead on the side of the cab & warning lights by each ladder jack (not just the circular lights that illuminate for the jacks when in use)...IMHO there's way too much real estate without side lighting during responses and blocking traffic with 95% of e-one tandem axle aerials.

as for the blue, I think that's been a standard ladder marker light for a while (though I've never seen anything official about it in writing).  Pioneer wigwags are crazy bright; they literally drown out the nfpa freedom on our new engine at night.

Can't wait to see the final product !!!  ETA?

I really wanted another pair of warning lights to the front as well, the front is almost naked comparing it to the rear, but its a cookie cutter sidestacker Quint, so it was no go, I tried the higher up nearer the windshield, or the RotaBeam mini edge centered up top of grill but nope...., but I think I snuck the PFlash in! I spec'd a dash switch for pioneer cut off (for night response), and to override to steady on...

This truck was originally spec'd with three Tir6 down the sides in the rub rail , Why Tir6 lights I have no idea, you would think they put the Lin series standard for a bit more spread but I snuck em over to 500V's in solid red, hope they connected synch, I wrote it into the warning spec, but who knows if they understand the concept, 

As for the aerial blues, I believe its to be easily recognizable/distinguishable where your escape route is when working on rooftops and such.... The Truck is scheduled to be at the dealer in  North Attleboro, Mass for the tool mounts and lettering by the 15th I believe, we're expecting an early November delivery is what I've been told......

More to follow........

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
The aerial is staying natural aluminum, the traffic director was standard, it was a code 3, I spec'd it over to a Whelen product, I spec'd the 700's below the 31's to be one amber, one blue(our State has recently adopted one blue lighthead facing opposite direction of travel), but alas, you guys can see what they did instead, I believe my Chief added the extra lights in the mid level rear, 

I really wanted another pair of warning lights to the front as well, the front is almost naked comparing it to the rear, but its a cookie cutter sidestacker Quint, so it was no go, I tried the higher up nearer the windshield, or the RotaBeam mini edge centered up top of grill but nope...., but I think I snuck the PFlash in! I spec'd a dash switch for pioneer cut off (for night response), and to override to steady on...

This truck was originally spec'd with three Tir6 down the sides in the rub rail , Why Tir6 lights I have no idea, you would think they put the Lin series standard for a bit more spread but I snuck em over to 500V's in solid red, hope they connected synch, I wrote it into the warning spec, but who knows if they understand the concept, 

As for the aerial blues, I believe its to be easily recognizable/distinguishable where your escape route is when working on rooftops and such.... The Truck is scheduled to be at the dealer in  North Attleboro, Mass for the tool mounts and lettering by the 15th I believe, we're expecting an early November delivery is what I've been told......

More to follow........

What state are you in that recently adopted the rear blue?

I actually like having the 700 beneath the L-beacon being the same color b/c if you sync the 2, you can then have a larger footprint and not have a blur that you'd get from 2 colors being so close to one another (i.e. Red beacon directly on top of Amber or blue 700). As for the TIR6s, that just happens to be an e-one standard (whoever did it didn't know TIR vs Linear), but I'm guessing that it's b/c they're flatter than lin6. Glad you did the 500V's though.

For the grill, you can always add lights to the grill.  I think a D8+ would look great in the upper grill (I wish they'd add one on the grill of our Pierce platform b/c they only have 2 600s in the grill and 3 small forward-facing TIR6s on the platform visible while responding since the platform blocks the mini freedoms), and it's not hard to wire (you could probably piggyback the wiring off of one of the rotabeams once you bring the truck back to the station). You could also add a pair of 600s on the grill relatively easily instead of the dominator.

As for the blue, that's a good point. Blue is also one of the brightest colors at night, so it probably does a better job of cutting through the smoke than red could as you get closer to the egress point in a dark situation.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
So, no word on the arrival day in the Northeast..

PDK, Rhode Island only recently allowed one opposing travel Blue on the rear of Ambo's which most first due Fire App's around here are licensed non transport bls ambo's thru the DoH... it was a hassle before for a Fire App to have any blue in these parts...especially when the rig was due for annual inspection thru the DoH.

I was assuming the 700's not be syncable, so solid red Roto's low, the mixed Blue to Amber 700's, and the 31's slow rotator,.... Cant see why a six mod advisor was used instead of an eight?...

The grill will be wrapped with "Old Glory" by the stripe shop up here,.. cheaper that way, so no add on's there and the White cab portion will be lettered so the front warning is done, wish a light was aft of front wheeI before the pump panel 500V tho personally, and completely agree about a D8, there's one on our first due engine I added shortly after we acquired it.  https://youtu.be/u876JX39GQQ

The 31's cruise should be tied into marker circuit, and the Rota's will all "oscillate", I wanted to spec the M6 warn/scene on the cab sides, but was afraid it would be in mirror line of sight.... More to come when I can

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
So, no word on the arrival day in the Northeast..

PDK, Rhode Island only recently allowed one opposing travel Blue on the rear of Ambo's which most first due Fire App's around here are licensed non transport bls ambo's thru the DoH... it was a hassle before for a Fire App to have any blue in these parts...especially when the rig was due for annual inspection thru the DoH.... wish a light was aft of front wheeI before the pump panel 500V tho personally, and completely agree about a D8, there's one on our first due engine I added shortly after we acquired it.  https://youtu.be/u876JX39GQQ

That's so ridiculous how they changed the law, but then limited it to ambos/DOH units (as opposed to ALL "emergency" vehicles) and to only have 1 light.  New York modified the V&T laws about 5-6 years ago to allow emergency vehicles (previously only red/clear) to use blue lights to the rear. There is no question that blue is one of the brightest colors at night, and all of our emergency responders across the US should have the best safety warning options available to them.  Although Florida hasn't officially allowed fire/rescue vehicles to have blue warning on them (only law enforcement agencies are allowed blue here), a handful of departments, including mine, have started adding blue to the rear of all apparatus.  They started by adding code 3 FM9000's (B/A/R) to the rear of all rescues/ambulances and suppression units.  Ever since the M-series was released, they've been using split (FML!) Red/Blue M6's as rear lighting for all our engines & BC vehicles ..... Although I hate split, the blue is crazy bright at nights, especially at distances on the highway.  I wish that more states would allow Red, Blue, Amber to the rear of ALL emergency vehicles (without distinguishing whether it's fire, EMS, or police)

I definitely agree that a lighthead by the front wheel would've been a lot better! But that's not a hard area to add lighting to, so I'm sure the dealer can add some later down the road if your Dept wishes to go that route.

The dominator looks great on the grill & that's my favorite dominator flash pattern.

cant wait to see a vid of the ladder.  Would love to see a thread with all of your dept's apparatus included (vids & pics) in the meantime!

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
So, Truck should be delivered any time now, I have not laid eyes yet, but our White Shirts have gone up to see it.....

Some day, I will get to my Dept in a thread, Its on that long a$$ list of things I want to do...... More to come

Jun 24, 2015
Andrews TX
We have a pierce 75' Aerial and it is natural aluminum ladder it looks awsome. it has blue atir lights on it also and it does help to distinguish an escape route if need be, but also helps distinguish it from all the red and white lights that are usually flashing. Is that a 100' aerial on yours?

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I'm almost positive she's a 105'...

its been a while since I've seen the spec... I know it's shorter than the 110' LTI LaFrance its replacing...

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Hello everyone, thought i would share our new Ladder (five in one) Truck that's almost off the assembly line, these pics grabbed from the E-One website, of course more pics and vids to follow in the coming weeks... Enjoy

I compiled a wish list of upgrades to the warning package, it appears that most of my recommendations were added. Keep y'all posted.!..

Where's this sucker at?!?!?

EastSide279

Apr 11, 2013
CT
Nice truck. Definatly would love to see a video once it comes in. Especially the roto beams on the rear. Definatly unique and you guys made the placement work on the back. My dept has two Eones and we love them.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Hello community,
Yes, she's in service
No, I haven't video yet(soon I promise)
Been back at the dealer for over a week now o_O
Unfortunately, there are many(read all) Sync wires unused, not even the mini freedoms, no wig wag, no pflash, (gotta stop now, tearing:oops:up) but I could go on...
She turns on a dime, uses plenty of fuel, and is super easy to deploy the aerial. So much simpler with the low slung x outriggers vs the LTI H setup.
That's all I got for now friends..
Happy Friday all:cool:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Unfortunately, there are many(read all) Sync wires unused, not even the mini freedoms, no wig wag, no pflash, (gotta stop now, tearing:oops:up) but I could go on...

Did the spec sheet list the perimeter warning lights as being synced & having a HLF up front?
Besides that, what other reasons are the truck back at the dealer for?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.