New Ecco light?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
awww.delcity.net_images_photos_ED3701A_primary.jpg

Just saw these on del city as a new product from ECCO...

The ED3701 directional LEDs are bright and versatile warning lights that are suited to a wide variety of applications. Their ultra-low profile makes them easy to install virtually anywhere on a vehicle. These models offer wide angle optics and multiple flash patterns, including synchronization with other units for simultaneous or alternating operation. The ED3701 models feature 6 LEDs and are available in either single or split-color configurations (3 LEDs of each color).

• Single and split color models feature 13 flash patterns with 29 modes.
  • Die cast base, polycarbonate lens.
  • Surface mount.
  • SAE J595, Class I, California Title 13, R65, R10
  • Temperature Range: -30°C to +50°C (-22°F to +122°F)

Look like they need a cover of some type...

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'd be interested to see it flash in the daytime b/c I can't picture a super thin linear lighthead being very impressive (since they need some depth for a reflector). I'm sure the optic in front of the diodes will help spread the footprint, but I doubt it will be a "head turner"

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
looks like its just a micro chip card with some leds stuck on them with no optics what so ever..... they are probably as effective as 5mm leds

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
This product looks just like the Mega Thins Code 3 released late in 2015. I believe that this lighthead is sourced from Top Warning located in Taiwan.

In related news, ECCO just posted this announcement on the Premier Hazard website: http://premierhazard.co.uk/news/105/roy-mcclarty-new-appointment

I think the ultimate goal is to reduce the number of brands to two: Code 3 for the emergency services and ECCO for all other markets. This announcement certainly suggests that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.