New Facility

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
In three short years we have grown relatively quickly. We have outgrown our 1,500 square foot facility and off site storage location. Four months ago we signed a lease on a 4,500 square foot facility to better suite or needs. (Even though now I have my doubts about our length of time at the new location before we out grow it).

It is fully air conditioned (no more sweaty December installs!) and will two show rooms. Right now the plan is to dedicate one show room to Feniex equipment and the other to our other lines. Long term plan will be to offer floor space for tactical gear and apparel but that will be a ways down the road as we want to continue to really push the growth of our emergency vehicle business. There simply isn't a decent show room in Florida for emergency vehicles. Ours won't be big but we will at the very least have one of every Feniex product in it and have it fully functional.

The new location is actually directly behind our current location. The location itself has proven to be a convenient balance for us serving both the Tampa and Orlando markets here in central Florida.

The new location is attached to FEVER's vinyl, graphics, and vehicle accessory sister business and will allow for us to better facilitate turn key offerings as we will be a ford drop ship location.

Additionally the wraps and graphics side of things is going to be doing more sign construction and will have a bunch of fabrication equipment as its housed in 8,000 square feet. The additional fabrication facilities will be a huge benefit to FEVER's installations. It's going to be so awesome to 3D laser scan contours to do brackets in 3D printed materials and turn it over to metal with a CNC machine once it's confirmed to fit. I'm pretty stoked about the possibilities.

We will still maintain our 1,000 square foot offsite storage for parts and things not currently used often.

The reason I'm saying this is two fold. If you come by our current location the door may be locked because we are busy working in the new facility.

We do not have phone lines transferred yet but do forward the office phone to a company cell phone. The biggest problem with that is we do not get cell phone service inside the new shop until I can get our portable mini cell center operational inside (need Internet service). If you call, you might get voice mail. Leave a message or use the contact us form on the site. Several of us will have active cell phones with emails and the contact us form goes to all of us some we can probably respond quicker as we are all walking outside at some point or another.

All orders are still being processed daily and shipping out within 24 hours if all products are in stock.

Right now the build out is in full swing and we are all putting in some long days. This should allow us to better serve everyone.

Once we get settled in be looking forward to our next project...... Our online video series.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Wow, very nice for you guys! Very cool that you'll have the 3d printing and CNC capability. :)

The 3d printing is still being perfected... lol its going to be a process and we have to buy the laser scanner soon. The fabrication will all be done under the wraps and signs shop. Both businesses act independently but having them so close is going to make things so much easier.

The biggest win in all of this will be the air conditioned facilities.

Next project is going to be purchasing an ambulance and enclosed trailer for mobile installations as that seems to be a growing segment for us.

Reactions: jph2

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Interested in that 3D printing and CNC machining. The possibilities for you will be endless for specialty products. I only wish I lived closer so I could visit and see all the toys! Lol

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Nic do you guys do work for McDill AFB? If you get the mobile install up and running, that might be a good gig. Too bad you're not just a touch more north. You'd have lots of business here! Does the sign/fab side of the business have a website?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Congrats! I'll contribute the dancing girls for the grand opening.
dancing.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Wow, very nice for you guys! Very cool that you'll have the 3d printing and CNC capability. :)

Thats all going to take some time.. but we will get there.

Interested in that 3D printing and CNC machining. The possibilities for you will be endless for specialty products. I only wish I lived closer so I could visit and see all the toys! Lol

They wont be under the FEVER company brand but having them so close will help tremendously. Even in doing so, alot of the things we could create would still probably more expensive than the market would bear.

We have a ton of great ideas, just not financially worth it to do them.

Nic do you guys do work for McDill AFB? If you get the mobile install up and running, that might be a good gig. Too bad you're not just a touch more north. You'd have lots of business here! Does the sign/fab side of the business have a website?

We dont do any work for McDill... yet anyways.

Long term goal is to get mobile installation going. Plan is to move warehousing to Georgia and make this the install hub. Schedule the mobile install setup in Georgia one week a month or something unless that location takes off.

Mobile install rates are twice the in house shop rate though. But sometimes people prefer to pay it.

http://www.h2owrapslakeland.com/

Congrats! I'll contribute the dancing girls for the grand opening.
View attachment 153830

Thats a dangerous proposition

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Today is my first full day back in a couple weeks after having an accident. Thankfully the crew got everything moved over from the old shop at least. Nothing is organized and we have to move the storage unit over as well but that will have to wait until the floors are done. Right now we have three installs that need to be done this weekend.

What you can't see is how much stuff we have on the floor on the other side of the Silverado. Way too much work left to do :(

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 58

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.