NEW Feniex Cobra MINI vs Rontan Sollolight Vs Whelen LP responder

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Just did a quick video last night of 3 minibars we are currently stocking. They are ALL great Minibars and we more did this to show the differences in light output. Also the Feniex Cobra MINI is BRAND NEW and we just got a few of them in. Thought you might like to see it. We are not doing a "Review" per se as we would need more time to run the COBRA mini before we were to write an official review.

Feniex Cobra MINI

Rontan Sollolight Wide-E-Tech

Whelen Responder Linear LP

Feniex Cobra MINI – Brand New Bar.

WOW, this thing is super thin, and I actually really like the look of it. It stands under 2” tall with the magnetic feet. It is super bright, and becomes very discrete when mounted on the vehicle. It comes with magnetic feet and a cigar lighter plug.

Rontan Sollolight:

Seriously, the brightest on the market. I have compared the Rontan Equipment to a lot of other equipment and it KILLS them in brightness. (as long as it is the Rontan with WIDE-E-Tech). I thought the Feniex was bright, and then I turned on the Maximum… Needless to say, I was shocked! I have it videoed to show the difference. The amazing thing is, I am pretty sure Feniex and Rontan use the same LED, or close to the same ratings, but the optics on the Rontan help the light project a bigger pattern. The Rontan also uses LESS led’s to get the job accomplished. HOWEVER, for this comparison, we also used a Rontan Sollolight, because it is the same price range. It is still the brightest BUT it is also not a traditional looking light bar and it is considered a BEACON, not a mini bar.

Whelen LP responder:

I am sure millions of these things have been sold. They are a good looking bar, traditionally built and has the traditional look. It is bright when it is by itself; just don’t run the Feniex or Rontan next to it because it will be disappointing.

Our thoughts:

If you’re looking for the traditional – look at Whelen, if you want heavy duty and sleek, go with the Feniex, if you want brightest and can live with an odder look, Go with the Rontan.

All light bars have good warranties, and come from manufactures we deem as great companies who stand by their products and have fantastic communication with us.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Nice, I am gettin my Cobra MINI Custom tomorrow I hope. I will get a functionality video up soon. I will take some video during the day also. IMO that is when you tell when a light is bright. Nice comp video though.

( I want one of your switch panels, haha ) :D

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Kd8bao said:
Nice, I am gettin my Cobra MINI Custom tomorrow I hope. I will get a functionality video up soon. I will take some video during the day also. IMO that is when you tell when a light is bright. Nice comp video though.

( I want one of your switch panels, haha ) :D

Yeah, I was going to get some daylight videos of it today but could not get to it. Maybe tommorow. I know there will be no issue with it in the day as it is stupid bright, but I'm not going to lie the Rontan will still kill it, it kills everything hands down....

But for a good quality minibar, it is priced right, and I do like the look of it. Plus there is hardly in plastic to fade which is a huge plus. We already have a good amount of customers who should be purchasing them for their next fleet install soon.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.