New Feniex Quad

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Just got this in my inbox.
Great concept with some drawbacks/concerns. The optics...meh. I worry about some states that make it a felony to have any red (or blue) lights even mounted to a vehicle. And those that need or want colored lenses will be sol.

Reactions: Dave F

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ive always wondered if we can make RGB Tv, why cant someone make a RGB light head capable of all colors..

so will these be multi mode and color? can I have a red /white for one mode that for christmas i can change to red and green..

or purple and green for halloween LOL

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
same optic in the mPower a lot of people are happy with. But I will agree judgement should be held until people get to see it in person.

As far as legality, if they can't sell a single or dual color light with a certain color the dealer shouldn't sell this. Not sure why there is so much butt hurt about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
same optic in the mPower a lot of people are happy with. But I will agree judgement should be held until people get to see it in person.

As far as legality, if they can't sell a single or dual color light with a certain color the dealer shouldn't sell this. Not sure why there is so much butt hurt about it.

I didnt realize it was the same as Mpower. Guess I should brush up on SOSs lineup. Just not very popular in my locale. And agreed I may be eating my words when I get to see one.

It definitely has its uses. Round here vollies run blue and now want flood as a standard. Most of them are farmers and also want amber when working farm stuff so they have 2 mini bars on their roof. This would solve some of that here.

Since its 4 color if you only need 3 then could the 4th be an extra whatever I wonder?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Well.. They are going to be 30% more than dual color. the price point apparently was pretty close going from 2 - 4 as it was going 2-3. It's not so much that every color will be used as much as it was an economy of scale decision. IF they think they can viably eliminate their single and dual color lines they think they can reduce the price of quad by streamlining production and bulk supply cost going down.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
That's my biggest worry. Single and dual color go by the way side. Very cost effective for the consumer that doesn't need all the extras.

Still 30% sounds reasonable.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Essentially the Surface mount would be $100 Which is cheaper than other triple and even some dual color products on the market. I think they would LIKE to get away from single and dual eventually, but ultimately the market is going to dictate what they do.

Reactions: Sparky_911

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
Just my honest opinion it would be a poor decision on their behalf to do away with single or especially dual. I have (and can only use) blue/white and blue/amber on my Jeep, and that suits me just fine.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
This is a fairly exciting product line. The company i'm subcontracting to is already lined up for a beta test on the QUAD bar, and i'm pushing for the surface mount beta as well. Sounds like there will be a seamless integration with the new controller as well

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
30% is a lot of money for something you may or may not need. The reality is people by Feniex because it's cheap. If it's going to cost the same as Whelen or Soundoff then what's the point?

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
When i asked feniex about green they said the quad will not support green.. As it even says fuck green at the end of their promo video too.

Im in ontario canada and 70% of our fire depts here are volunteer based and use green lights. Same with 2 other provinces. CANNONS! We want back in green.. or "want" in green since they are no longer the faries. I had 4 greens and 2 green/whites of them back in the day.

All the builds we do are red/white or blue/white so having the option to do red/blue with the white for flood/take down is a nice option. And for the rear same deal but having the added option for amber depending on what position the 4200 slider switch is in.

Im excited for these and can see alot of use for them for what i sell/install anyways. :)

Id like to see if their new light controller has a built in siren and what nice features that thing all has ;)

Reactions: Doyle257

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
That conector dosent look too water resistant :(
overall it seems to be a nice compromise between the 180 and 40 optics

Bobcat753

Mar 9, 2014
Mass
This seems like a really good and bad idea. But as to the engineering of it I think this has been in the works for a long time. The Geo series have suddenly disappeared. I was taking a close look at one of my Geo 600s and noticed in each LED module there were spots for up to 4 LEDs per single optic in the 3 optic module. Also each single LED spot was labeled for a specific color. So it seems Feniex just took the Geo series and added more LED colors in the already available spots and tons more trigger wires. It makes total sense and the optics in the Quad are the exact same as the Geo. I love the Geo series and I’m disappointed it was suddenly discontinued.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.