NEW Franklin PD 2012 Charger 6-1-12

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
A picture of part of the 14 2012 Chargers (couldnt fit them all in one pic) we will soon be starting for the Franklin PD. I am going to be setting all flash patterns to steady burn just for you guys:)

DSCF0331.jpg

I can have my moments, but I have a sense of humor too! In all seriousness not sure what equipment these are getting yet. I have not even had time to look at the bid sheet yet. Will post more info as it happens.

The cars are in the process of being wrapped and striped.

DSCN1021.jpg

Well the stripes are all done and we are now cranking out these Chargers for the Franklin Police Dept. Equipment is:

Federal Signal Impaxx in grill and on each side of license plate, and on B posts

Federal Signal Dual Vipers in back deck

Federal Signal single Viper on dash

Feniex LAW front and rear

Federal Signal Legend light bar

Federal Signal Smart Siren

Jotto Desk Console

Setina Cage with dual weapons system

DSCN0344.JPG

DSCN0345.JPG

DSCN0346.JPG

There are one of these panels on each side of the trunk. The plates are on hinges and contain various components. One panel contains the Smart Siren, Serial Interface box, and a fuse block. The other panel holds a modem and 2 way radio.

DSCN0347.JPG

DSCN0348.JPG

DSCN0349.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I'll reserve judgment until I've actually seen a video. ;)

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
lafd55 said:
The picture isn't bright enough... There's you fail already... Hahahahaha

Yeah I know. Also the outdoor security lights mounted on the building do not come on at the same time. I guess that constitutes split fail.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
11b101abn said:
Being a "southern" state, I anticipate ridiculous amounts of blue, to the exclusion of any other colors...
You say that like it's a bad thing. Red's fine, blue's fine, it's only a problem when there's too much white, or if there's amber in front when the vehicle's not stopped.

edit: ...Or if there's red in back without any in front... and I'm sure there's plenty more I wouldn't like. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
11b101abn said:
Being a "southern" state, I anticipate ridiculous amounts of blue, to the exclusion of any other colors...

Well of course... :bonk:

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Definitely think body wraps are better than actual painted 2 tone. Better for resale value...

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
lafd55 said:
NO SPLIT FAIL!! And I approve of the flash pattern, hahaha. :p

:hail:

Did you custom make the faceplate with the USB in picture 4 or did you order it?

We custom make the panels out of aluminum. Add some hinges we pick up from hope depot and a latch and viola! Out of the way mounting solutions that are easy to access.

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
MPD 818 said:
We custom make the panels out of aluminum. Add some hinges we pick up from hope depot and a latch and viola! Out of the way mounting solutions that are easy to access.

I was talking about the faceplate in the console.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
hawkspringsfire said:
I was talking about the faceplate in the console.

Ahh my bad. Not it is the side brackets that come with the DVR. We have actual Jotto Specific face plates on the way for the DVR as well as the radio. That is the reason there are still blank spots in the console.

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
No steady burn, FAIL. I was teased :( not cool. lol All kidding aside, excellent install!!!!!

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
arsenal10 said:
NO split-fail patterns and NO white to the rear, PLEASE!

if the only white to the rear is the reverse lights, its not bad at all. it actually breaks it up nicely. White vertex to the rear are never gonna blind anyone. it only becomes a problem if half of the light bar to the rear is white, or if you had 900 series linear strobes in clear, or like Atlanta PD, that has 4 white talons to the rear .

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Shawn L said:
I like the setup, I would have rather done a lighthead on each mirror and left off the dash light.

I am right there with you. Not sure the thinking behind the single Viper but that is what they wanted.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Looks Great

Every car around here in Mississippi has All Blue to the rear with some amber and ALWAYS has white HAWs in the reverse lights. Breaks the see of blue up nicely

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
MPD 818 said:
:hail:

Can you give me some dimensions, I think I am going to give this a shot. Looks great.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I was in Franklin for a meeting 2 weeks ago saw one of the new chargers and really like the new look.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
fleetcomm said:
I was in Franklin for a meeting 2 weeks ago saw one of the new chargers and really like the new look.

Yeah, for as long as I can remember they had the older style stripes pictured below. Nothin wrong with them but a little outdated.

(The water doesnt help either)

awilliamsonbusinessconnection.files.wordpress.com_2010_05_franklin_police_garage.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Love the install, but i think that the LAWs and the HLF kinda cancel each other out (particularly at night)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.