New from Colorado

firetacoma

Nov 24, 2011
Colorado
Howdy,

New guy here from Colorado. I have actually been a lurker for a long time but got tired of not being able to see images and wanted to ask some questions so thought I'd register.

I had a '99 tacoma with an MX7000, code 3 siren and wigwagging offroad type lights. I sold the truck and bought an '07 tacoma double cab and don't think I want to put such a big bar on top and don't want to cut as many holes in the interior.

That said, my current plans are a Whelen HS2200 siren, some sort of LED lightbar (not sure mini bar or full-size), and some LEDs in the grill. I am new to the world of LEDs. I don't know if I can really justify the cost of a fullsize bar. My total budget is probably $1000 for the entire setup. Thoughts would be appreciated!

Welcome!

My vote is for an all interior setup. There is a wide variety of options for interior setups under $1000!

Thanks for the replies.

Law say red and/or white, 360 degree coverage, siren heard at 100 feet, must have something mounted as high on the vehicle as possible.

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a Whelen Justice bar and HS2200 from Strobes'n'More while they're on Black Friday sale. A little more than my budget, but it seems like a good deal. I can always add something to the grill when funds allow later.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alsites