new fusions?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
will every light head need a convertor now or will theyll be stand alones? are they at least 3 mode now? LOL

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Say goodbye to 180 optics and dual color.

• Wow
Reactions: Jarred J.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
but will it still need a convertor to even run them. thats the real question.. will the cannons soon be the same way will i have to have 40 cannons for 3 modes.. lol

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Works without converter. Just like the quad surface mounts. Just $10 more

Attachments

• 72A78DE3-1BCF-4659-9320-62A28136CEEB.jpeg
    72A78DE3-1BCF-4659-9320-62A28136CEEB.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 27

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Different lenses on these...and 60% brighter than the version 1 quads...???

That will infuriate me...
Quads have a different optic all together and is a 60 degree spread. Anyone expecting same forward warning of such an optic compared to a 40 is a Moron

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Remember, we had claims of apollo being brighter than cobra. Or just as bright.
Wait until some people get them on hand and get opinions from non-dealers

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
I am so confused. They said these are SINGLE color. Then they say it has "quad" technology. Makes no sense.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Single color work quad firmware

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The video said the QUAD-S is 60% brighter... I was expressing faux outrage over that claim.

The optics on the QUAD-S is not the same as the QUAD...

Goodness.
You are mixing quad and fusion terminology…. That’s why I made my statement.
FUSION-S has a 40° optic… just as Fusion Single and Dual color have a 40° option.

The QUAD “VERSION 1 QUAD” (As you stated) is a completely different light. Fusion was already different in terms of light output. You may just be fucking around… but someone coming here looking for info doesn’t know that. Just wanted to clarify it.

For the Record: Fusion-S is replacing previous versions of the Feniex Fusion Series. It apparently is being upgraded to have more of the same firmware as the quad, but it will only have one color LED.

The QUAD line has 4 colors per OPTIC… because of that Feniex had to make them a 60° type optic. They may share the same foot print, but the Feniex Quad and Feniex Fusion-S lines are completely different types of lights.

As far as it being 60% brighter than the previous fusion? Not sure how that will happen but the guys over at FEVER have a meter to test light output. They will probably be able to post some actual real world data once they get them.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Feniex started out making cost effective lights so it is nice to see them stick to something less whackerific for a change. We all like multi function/color heads but not everyone needs/can afford them. Hopefully they keep the price point in the realm of T6/single color fusions. Be interesting to see how they integrate with the quad technology.

Feniex fusion-s....just like the cobra T6, but not really.

Reactions: Jarred J.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Feniex started out making cost effective lights so it is nice to see them stick to something less whackerific for a change. We all like multi function/color heads but not everyone needs/can afford them. Hopefully they keep the price point in the realm of T6/single color fusions. Be interesting to see how they integrate with the quad technology.

Feniex fusion-s....just like the cobra T6, but not really.
Based on cost of the surface mounts it’s a 20% price increase.
Surface mounts are now $59. They were 49

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparky_911

cabunty

Sep 21, 2014
New England
You are mixing quad and fusion terminology…. That’s why I made my statement.
FUSION-S has a 40° optic… just as Fusion Single and Dual color have a 40° option.

The QUAD “VERSION 1 QUAD” (As you stated) is a completely different light. Fusion was already different in terms of light output. You may just be fucking around… but someone coming here looking for info doesn’t know that. Just wanted to clarify it.

For the Record: Fusion-S is replacing previous versions of the Feniex Fusion Series. It apparently is being upgraded to have more of the same firmware as the quad, but it will only have one color LED.

The QUAD line has 4 colors per OPTIC… because of that Feniex had to make them a 60° type optic. They may share the same foot print, but the Feniex Quad and Feniex Fusion-S lines are completely different types of lights.

As far as it being 60% brighter than the previous fusion? Not sure how that will happen but the guys over at FEVER have a meter to test light output. They will probably be able to post some actual real world data once they get them.
Holy mackerel!

You are correct! I have been so focused on the damn Quad S being available that I did completely and totally not realize that this new ad was for FUSION S... I completely missed that because supposedly the QUAD is getting a serial version.

The worst part of this blunder on my behalf...is I'm not even drunk...

Sorry about that! I'm an idiot...!!

Reactions: Carlos SpicyWeiner

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Any dealer that still stocks more than a week's worth of any Feniex product is insane. Product changes are always backwards NOT compatible, cost the same amount, and have the same part number, so your existing inventory becomes eligible for museums and nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Any dealer that still stocks more than a week's worth of any Feniex product is insane. Product changes are always backwards NOT compatible, cost the same amount, and have the same part number, so your existing inventory becomes eligible for museums and nothing else.
well this new product is 20% more expensive but yeah... it hurts dealers. This weiner didn't have the heart to deal with it any longer. You can only burn a weiner so many times before it gives out.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
well this new product is 20% more expensive but yeah... it hurts dealers. This weiner didn't have the heart to deal with it any longer. You can only burn a weiner so many times before it gives out.
The pricing is almost irrelevant...Whelen costs a lot more, and dealers sit on warehouses of their stuff. The difference is that Whelen won't release a CenCom that has 3 siren tones, then 2 months later re-release it with 5 more tones under the same exact model number. Let alone they won't tell the dealers (officially), so half of us are still marketing it as a 3 tone unit, and have 15 units on the shelf that now are 80% less awesome. (See; Feniex Typhoon)

Reactions: Carlos SpicyWeiner

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
I am a dealer for a while now...I think 2014? I've watched the stunts pulled on Python, Cobra, Fusion, Quads, the sirens, etc. There's a reason I won't stock more than a pair or 2 of anything...it's because I've watched @Carlos SpicyWeiner get nailed time and time again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Feniex has done a lot of good for me. I still respect a ton of people there. I enjoyed my time as a Feniex dealer but you are right. There were some really rocky times. Nothing like dropping my entire retirement on inventory and building out an over the top demo unit just to be told the demo unit and inventory would be obsolete in a month. I was selling a ton back then, but I want gonna be able to move 100k worth of inventory. A lot of dealers sold their stuff below cost. That’s easy to do when you have one or two of a surface Mount. There a whole lot harder to absorb when you have 50 of each color variation of surface Mount.

That said, I made some bad business decisions that were more costly. I turned to easy to get bad debt. The amount of money I paid in finance charges easily caused losses that were pretty substantial. I should have scaled back and just rode it out, but I was trying to keep the same pace going. Huge mistake.

Once a couple hurricanes caused more havoc, I finally scaled back. Got back to the basics and bare bones. That allowed me to recover personally and with the business. Those days were dark and rough. That entire experience almost cost me everything. (Including my house).

Thankfully I brought it back. That recovery taught me some things. #1. Debt is bad. Avoid it at all cost. #2 I liked talking about my mistakes because I realized it could help people. I didn’t realize it but through all of this I was coaching a lot of my sub dealers. Spending a lot of time talking about the mistakes not to make. Seeing them prosper and become larger companies has really made me pretty joyful.

That lead me to financial coaching. I’ve been doing a lot of it. Now that I’ve sold my company I’m hoping to launch a non-profit that provides coaching for people so I can help them too get out of debt and secure financial stability.

I told the guys at FEVER before they bought it everything. I finally felt like someone got it. Someone that understood the principles of taking care of our customers and investing in them. Seeing them offer to have some of the sub dealers come down for a week and learn their tricks of the trade installing is huge. They are going to do huge things with that company that I no longer had the passion to fight for. A fire log can only be burned so much before it burns out completely.

They will stock things. But they will never stock them to the extent that I did. That’s why they didn’t take a bunch of my inventory. I even told them it wasn’t wise too. That said, them not taking it gave birth to the Spicy Weiner. I’ve never had so much fun selling product in this industry. I’m no longer bound by restrictions of the industry and that’s pissing off some people. Lol. They are learning how deep my inventory was now.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Just curious so they will no longer market the fusion dual color ? Only single color fusion s or quad ?
They felt like quad and dual color competed too closely on price… at least thats what was said. This really allows them to have significantly less sku’s though. Makes it easier on them for inventory and manufacturing plans

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
For the price difference since I only need dual color I am better off spending a bit more and buying Whelen
I actually sent a survey out to my customers when it was announced and that was the biggest answer I got back..

Reactions: cabunty and Dave F

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.