New Idea - rear lighting

sman1348

Jun 13, 2011
US/Berrien, CO GA
I saw this earlier and thought I'd share. It's on an Albuquerque unit. Thoughts/Ideas?

alb155.jpg

This photo is not mine; it was found on policecarwebsite.net

Last edited by a moderator:

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
It's like that old school Whelen light that never caught on, but with LED's it can now be more stealthy. No worry about flashback or reduced visibility. I like. Is this a custom job?

sman1348

Jun 13, 2011
US/Berrien, CO GA
ISU_Cyclone said:
It's like that old school Whelen light that never caught on, but with LED's it can now be more stealthy. No worry about flashback or reduced visibility. I like. Is this a custom job?

I have no idea. I saw it and obviously thought of a Whelen Outer Edge. This is the first time I've seen this though

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Wonder why its not "fully populated".. its not like the CHMSL is mounted behind the glass or near it...

I like it.. I'd like it even more if the lightheads were flush mounted/no exposed brackets/screws (more pro/slick looking IMO).

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
It's a nice adaptation of the stinger/razorbak for a sedan with limited window visibility. I too do wish it had a few more modules to make it fully populated. One thing I like bout the stinger/razorbak family of outer lightbars over the outer edge is how they are less bulky

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA

FatherOfFour

Nov 4, 2012
Indiana
I couldn't get the flikr pics to load either :(

I'd be interested to see what it does to the profile of the car from the side? If it doesn't look much different than say an air deflector it could be cool, but if it looks all big and clunky....not so much.

I also don't understand why it wouldn't be fully populated??

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Like the idea but not the split LEDs the first picture you can see only half of one red and one blue are on but I like the concept but with solid LEDs

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
RolnCode3 said:
Strange. None of those 3 links actually brought up an image for me...

FatherOfFour said:
I couldn't get the flikr pics to load either :(

The links have been fixed. The error was that they started with "m" versus "www", indicating the original link was setup for mobile browsers.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
Thanks for fixing the links! I linked it from my phone...sorry! The three pics show all views of the car...very cool. Cajun mentioned in a recent post about creating an SUV and pickup truck version, but nothing about a car/charger version. Either way, very cool and does remind me of the old halogen and strobe version.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
I actually would think that it's two LED heads too many. A pair per side would do just fine considering how bring LED heads are nowdays. Set it on a simple flash pattern and call it a day. We're not trying to communicate with aliens.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
That is very cool! With solid heads, and an double alternating pattern of rAr---BaB/RaR---bAb (lower case off upper case on), along with the TLF, it would be a highly effective rear light set up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.