new install in 2005 F250

mike2459

May 22, 2010
South Glens Falls,NY
I bought this dash mounted jotto desk here and installed it on my days off from work. I took out the floor mounting that I had and removed part of the dash, rerouted the wires, a few modifications to the dash and it came out pretty good. I wired in the whelen 9m,new install in ford 002.JPG[/attachment:2ks4fr3e] ran the cable and hooked it up to the pcc-10 box. The lightbar is in the bed and when I'm ready to install the bar all I have to do is clip 2 wires to the mounted bar and mount the 9M.

mike2459

May 22, 2010
South Glens Falls,NY
The pcc-10 is for the 9M, and the code 3 on the right is for the maplight and backlites for the switchboxes, and the lightbar I'm using now, the single switch is for low or high power on the 9M, The 4 switches are ford upfitter switches, they run my back-up lights,rear taillight strobes, power to the led t/a, and last one is for Idle kick-up. Also the last switch on the right switchbox is for power to the 9M strobe powersupply. That leaves 2 unused switches, sorry.

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
Your switchbox backlighting you can run to the fuse panel & put on a fuse that only comes on with the ignition. Your 9m powersupply needs to be ran to the battery with 8ga wire & a 40amp fuse. Your 9m only needs up to 5 switches. front strobes, rear strobes(can also combine with rear taillight strobes), takedowns, left & right alley. But it is your truck so if you want more switches go for it. Just the thought of so much wiring behind that console kinda makes me cringe.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Not to mention, turning that many switches on. By the time you get to where you're going, you're just gonig to have to turn them all off. :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.