New LifeSquad (ambulance)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The new unit for my station arrived recently. It's a Horton, which I like quite a bit as a brand personally. It still needs lettering and radios put in. I'll post more pics when it's done. Over all I like it, the airhors are real grovers which is a big step up from airhorns of Texas IMHO. The lightbar (which is fully populated at least) having clear lenses and the rest being red is not my favorite, but I'll deal. The whole thing is done in super LEDs, M series were not available at SPEC time.... the 900, 600 and 400 super LEDs are plenty bright. The vertical stack allows the truck to kneel much lower for loading w/o the exhaust pipe being under the box. Over all I really like the truck, and Horton's multiplexing is growing on me. The only major complaint I have is the siren is a PA300 which is a personal fav of my boss but not me.

As I said, I'll post more pics when it's in service mid/early Dec.

17b.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
looks good john. good luck with it.

i agree about the red surface mount lenses vs the clear lightbar lenses. btw, is it just me, or does the stack look crooked?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
pdk9 said:
looks good john. good luck with it.

i agree about the red surface mount lenses vs the clear lightbar lenses. btw, is it just me, or does the stack look crooked?

My cell phone camera makes things look curved and crooked... stack is straight. Apparently colored lenses are a special order for freedoms from Horton, all their trucks are liek this.... small complaint, over all a nice rig.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Code3EMT said:
Looks Purtty! The lenses bother me too, but if I had just gotten a brand new rig, I could deal with it,

That's exactly what I said... if that's my biggest bitch I'm happy. This did make me notice how common it is to have colored lenses on permiter lights and clear lenses on a freedom or liberty on ambulances and fire trucks... must be a deafult way to order when you order in bulk...

medicandy

May 21, 2010
NC
Looks good. The lens thing is very minor, overall a great looking truck can't wait to see more pics.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
medicandy said:
Looks good. The lens thing is very minor, overall a great looking truck can't wait to see more pics.

Should be in service by X-mas... getting it lettered and a few more minor things done to it. I'll post pics once it's up and running.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
In service as of 2 days ago. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The truck is a Horton, we buy all our trucks direct from them since they are in state. Here are some more pics, taken with my cell because I forgot my camera.

lifesquad17front.jpg

lifesquad17rear.jpg

ls17side.jpg

lifequad17inside.jpg

lifesquad17frontint.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The primary lights flash in a "X" pattern, slow double flash. Not KKK compliant, but very effective.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Looks good John. What about the LED scene lights? If your spending so much on a Med Duty truck Horton should throw them in.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
VolEms said:
Looks good John. What about the LED scene lights? If your spending so much on a Med Duty truck Horton should throw them in.

I agree, for the price they wanted for 900 series LED scene lights I coulda put a pioneer one each side instead... which is what i wanted to do actually.... but that didn't happen.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.