New lightbar FREEDOSTROBE... let me know what you think??

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
what's up with the strobe housings overlapping?

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
Why clear and amber? Would'nt red and amber get more front warning power?

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
RWO.... I had to extend the outer strobe heads to fit the 2 extra led 400 series heads into the bar, so i shaved down the tabs and slid the front ones all the way to the endcaps.

Charlie82... those are actually red 400's but for some reason the angle makes them appear amber, I will put red lenses over them and see.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
Ryan... I will be over soon to pick up my new bar... :lol: :mrgreen:

I will give you a Vision for it! :D :D And I will come to you. lol

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
This is what Dallas or Houston (one of those big Texas cities) is doing. A Freedom (all 6over6 400 series heads), but they have strobes on the end with clear lenses in front and rear of the strobe with clear endcaps, for a "kicker" effect. Remember seeing this on a few episodes of "Cops" and since Ryan's bar is pretty similiar, oughta look pretty badass.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Houston is cuttently using that bar. However TXDPS tested an Ultra freedom with 4 corner strobes, 4 td and everything else was 400 series lin 12's with the rear being split lower amber arrow. I really liked it with all clear lenses execpt for the corners

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Fluffy126577 said:
Ryan... I will be over soon to pick up my new bar... :lol: :mrgreen:

I will give you a Vision for it! :D :D And I will come to you. lol

Wow a working vision to go with the 4 others in my shop.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I retro ed my DPS bar with strobe over halogen 400 heads in the alley and take down positions, I also re did several of the led heads, and removed 1 pair of td's to the front and added leds in their place, the strobe flash is better than the white leds.. I espicaly like the clear bursts to the sides..

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
ryan said:
Wow a working vision to go with the 4 others in my shop.

OK.. No more joking around with Ryan... :? :shock: :roll:

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Fluffy126577 said:
OK.. No more joking around with Ryan... :? :shock: :roll:

I am just teasin back, I only have 4 of the visions, 2 smart vectors, 11 or so streethawks, 4 jetsonics, 5 or so mx7000, a few lp6000 and about 7 edges.

Talk some of the green backs and your in the game.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.