New member from Northwest Georgia

Jjdward

Feb 18, 2019
Georgia
I kinda stumbled into the vintage light world recently, and it's all my 6 year old kids fault (even though I've been a fan of the ole "bubble gum machine" lights since my dad was a deputy back in the 80's). We were in the local junk yard and saw an old city truck with the old style amber beacon on top and he just had to have it. I looked at it and it was in pretty good looking shape so I asked the guy how much he would take for it, he said $20 so I bought it. Took it home, hooked it up to a battery and to my surprise it worked just fine!! I cleaned it up a little, mounted it to a magnetic base, and put it on my truck just in time for my son to get off the bus. He loved it!!! The more I've looked into it, the more I want to get into the hobby. Sorry in advance for any stupid questions I may ask LOL!!

Attachments

• Kid and his light.jpg
    Kid and his light.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 13
  • NAPA 490.jpg
    NAPA 490.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: jph2

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
there are a few TN board members near your neck of the woods if your near the "choo choo"

welcome to the forums!

Reactions: Jjdward

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Welcome to eLB! Great group here and lots of knowledge. Someone here knows the answer to just about any question you could ask. Although, as you've already seen, sometimes humor gets the best of us... :)

Reactions: Jjdward

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.