New pov. 2014 Silverado

John Smith

Thanks for the link, seriously. We've got a Libby on one of our cars, and I hate that random pattern. May have to play with it. Thanks again!

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
I just did a quick search and they make extension cables for your headlights like I got for mine...KIMG0503.JPG

Makes it real easy to install a hlf and you don't harm factory wiring

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Much more better. If I were you I'd slow down, and sync if possible, the rears.
I do plan on hooking up the sync function. I just haven’t gotten around to it.

98% of my responses are to the station not to the scene. Once I get some more lights I am going to try and sync everything.

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
Yes I typed in your vehicle to get bulb type... Then used that for extension... I saw some on eBay for like 5 bucks but I don't use eBay...

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Updated my Liberty to have sync mode activated.

All my warning lights are on 1 switch. Flashing takedowns and alleys are on a separate switch.

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

That looks fantastic! If I recall correctly, it was @Keith K. who first shared this previously obscure feature with the community.
Thanks. I have more planned for it just waiting on extra income.

Right now I’m thinking 2 big grill lights like Whelen M7’s. Probably some T3’s on each side u see the door and a couple on the front and rear license plate areas. And something for the rear glass as well. After that I’ll be done.

pdk9

Veteran Member
Thanks. I have more planned for it just waiting on extra income.

Right now I’m thinking 2 big grill lights like Whelen M7’s. Probably some T3’s on each side u see the door and a couple on the front and rear license plate areas. And something for the rear glass as well. After that I’ll be done.
Love the ideas of big Grill lights like the M7’s. I know there’s a different price point than the T3’s, but can I recommend M-power fascias or T ions instead? Like any TIR optic, the T3’s have poor off-axis warning, so I’d really recommend something linear for the exterior mount lights that you plan on adding.
Personally, I think anything in the rear window is not necessary since you have the Libby, so I’d say a pair of cannons in either the brake/turn housings and something by the LP would be sufficient for the rear

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Love the ideas of big Grill lights like the M7’s. I know there’s a different price point than the T3’s, but can I recommend M-power fascias or T ions instead? Like any TIR optic, the T3’s have poor off-axis warning, so I’d really recommend something linear for the exterior mount lights that you plan on adding.
Personally, I think anything in the rear window is not necessary since you have the Libby, so I’d say a pair of cannons in either the brake/turn housings and something by the LP would be sufficient for the rear
I may look into some other lights as wel. I had some T3’s on my Patriot and they didn’t do too bad on an intersection bracket.

I am open to other options though. It’s going to be added a little at a time anyway so I’ll have plenty of time to make a decision.

I may add something other than single lightheads for the running boards. Not sure yet.

I was thinking some kind of single lighthead in the rear window but couldn’t decide on that either.

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

What do you think would be better looking in the grill? M7’s or 2 Oscilasers?

pdk9

Veteran Member
What do you think would be better looking in the grill? M7’s or 2 Oscilasers?
Hands down the M7’s. Aside from the insane difference in brightness, the oscilasers are bulky and would look awkward mounted on the grill IMO. I think the M7’s have a sexy look that blends in with the Tahoe/Suburban and Silverado grills, plus their brightness is practically unrivaled by any other surface mount

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Hands down the M7’s. Aside from the insane difference in brightness, the oscilasers are bulky and would look awkward mounted on the grill IMO. I think the M7’s have a sexy look that blends in with the Tahoe/Suburban and Silverado grills, plus their brightness is practically unrivaled by any other surface mount
Yeah. I saw how bulky they’d be yesterday. Lol.

Attachments

pdk9

Veteran Member
I may look into some other lights as wel. I had some T3’s on my Patriot and they didn’t do too bad on an intersection bracket.

I am open to other options though. It’s going to be added a little at a time anyway so I’ll have plenty of time to make a decision.

I may add something other than single lightheads for the running boards. Not sure yet.

I was thinking some kind of single lighthead in the rear window but couldn’t decide on that either.
As I mentioned above, I don’t think you need anything in the rear window since you have an unobstructed Liberty for upper rear warning. I wouldn’t go crazy spending a lot of money on the running boards; I consider them secondary warning since they’re so low to the ground (nice addition if you have money to spend, but not necessary for an effective warning package if you have other bases covered).

Aside from the grill lights, I’d focus funds on mid/lower rear warning, a HLF if allowed, & mid-level side warning (ie intersectors under mirrors). Also, it was hard to see in the vid, but it looked like you had the steps in the rear bumper? Some mpowers mounted in there facing sideways would help with rear side warning without having to drill on the bed body

Yeah. I saw how bulky they’d be yesterday. Lol.
Yeah, IF you had a PB, then I’d say to go with powerarcs on pedestal mounts if you really wanted a sweeping effect. The problem with oscilasers (as well as rotabeams and powerarcs), though, is that they’re super bulky & deep, so they’d look funny in this application. However, I think that M7’s will looks great on both sides of the Chevy ribbon (aesthetically and in terms of warning effectiveness)

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

As I mentioned above, I don’t think you need anything in the rear window since you have an unobstructed Liberty for upper rear warning. I wouldn’t go crazy spending a lot of money on the running boards; I consider them secondary warning since they’re so low to the ground (nice addition if you have money to spend, but not necessary for an effective warning package if you have other bases covered).

Aside from the grill lights, I’d focus funds on mid/lower rear warning, a HLF if allowed, & mid-level side warning (ie intersectors under mirrors). Also, it was hard to see in the vid, but it looked like you had the steps in the rear bumper? Some mpowers mounted in there facing sideways would help with rear side warning without having to drill on the bed body

Yeah, IF you had a PB, then I’d say to go with powerarcs on pedestal mounts if you really wanted a sweeping effect. The problem with oscilasers (as well as rotabeams and powerarcs), though, is that they’re super bulky & deep, so they’d look funny in this application. However, I think that M7’s will looks great on both sides of the Chevy ribbon (aesthetically and in terms of warning effectiveness)
Hey. Sorry for the late replies. I’m on my monthly rotation of night shift.

If I did something like running board lights instead of a few individual heads under the doors, it’d be something like these from Advanced Warning Lights.

I am debating on getting a Setina push bumper but I’m not sure just yet.

I’m going to slowly get everything together and add more. I’m gonna take my time and piece it together more. Im trying to make it look very good but not overdone.

pdk9

Veteran Member
I am debating on getting a Setina push bumper but I’m not sure just yet.

I’m going to slowly get everything together and add more. I’m gonna take my time and piece it together more. Im trying to make it look very good but not overdone.
Gotcha. Well, the good thing is that the M7 can easily be adapted to the brush guard if you get a setina later on; the brush guard brackets are basically like an L-bracket for mounting the M7’s to the lower cross member

For the rear, maybe look into the SNM Tailgator?

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Gotcha. Well, the good thing is that the M7 can easily be adapted to the brush guard if you get a setina later on; the brush guard brackets are basically like an L-bracket for mounting the M7’s to the lower cross member

For the rear, maybe look into the SNM Tailgator?
I’ve seen the Tailgator advertised on Facebook. That would help so I didn’t have to do a rear license plate bracket.

I’d do cannons or something like that but I really don’t want to get into the mess of drilling my taillights and stuff.

I’m also trying to figure out what other functions I want hooked up with my Liberty. Right now it’s just sync mode and flashing takedowns and alleys.

pdk9

Veteran Member
I’ve seen the Tailgator advertised on Facebook. That would help so I didn’t have to do a rear license plate bracket.

I’d do cannons or something like that but I really don’t want to get into the mess of drilling my taillights and stuff.

I’m also trying to figure out what other functions I want hooked up with my Liberty. Right now it’s just sync mode and flashing takedowns and alleys.
Stick with the old “KISS” method....Keep it simple stupid! Lol. You don’t need a lot of functionality in the Libby. IMHO, most vehicles with lightbars just need an effective flash pattern and TA function to the rear, not much else.

I totally get not wanting to mess with the STT housings. I think the Libby and something below the tailgate are plenty. I think some more amber to the rear would be beneficial, though, whether it’s converting 2 more Libby inboards to Amber (so that the center 4 rear inboards are all Amber) or just going with an all Amber tailgator.

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

I was thinking of doing cruise and low power but I rarely respond to the scene. Most of the time it’s to the station. So I may just do the flash pattern it’s on in the video, takedowns and alleys, and TA functions.

I’ll take a look into the Tailgator. I looked at them the other day but didn’t get to look too much.

I’m also debating on getting a different siren. Probably a Touchmaster Delta. This is what I have now. Ignore the wiring. I hadn’t put loom around it yet.

Attachments

pdk9

Veteran Member
I was thinking of doing cruise and low power but I rarely respond to the scene. Most of the time it’s to the station. So I may just do the flash pattern it’s on in the video, takedowns and alleys, and TA functions.

I’ll take a look into the Tailgator. I looked at them the other day but didn’t get to look too much.

I’m also debating on getting a different siren. Probably a Touchmaster Delta. This is what I have now. Ignore the wiring. I hadn’t put loom around it yet.
Lol yes please get a different siren (and switches)!!!! Not a fan of their tones BUT the Feniex typhoon siren/controller is hard to beat value-wise....full function with siren knob and buttons in compact package for $200, and you can get rid of the bulky console (which looks like it could use some TLC lol). If not worried about spending a little extra, then you have a handful of compact Whelen options

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Lol yes please get a different siren (and switches)!!!! Not a fan of their tones BUT the Feniex typhoon siren/controller is hard to beat value-wise....full function with siren knob and buttons in compact package for $200, and you can get rid of the bulky console (which looks like it could use some TLC lol). If not worried about spending a little extra, then you have a handful of compact Whelen options
Yeah. The switchbox needs work. Lol. My plan is to possibly get a different siren with the correct faceplate soon. I’m about to get a 10 switch bank from someone I know. It’s made specifically for my Jotto console. I’m also in the process of getting my mobile radio back from my friend so that’ll go in there as well.

pdk9

Veteran Member
Any definite plans on the grill lights (ie M7’s) yet?
I’d also like to see upgrades (whenever possible) to LED TDs and alleys....no shocker, but they really are night & day difference from the halogen, especially when flashing (IMO halogen TDs get drowned out by Libbys but the LED TDs drown out the surrounding inboards)

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Any definite plans on the grill lights (ie M7’s) yet?
I’d also like to see upgrades (whenever possible) to LED TDs and alleys....no shocker, but they really are night & day difference from the halogen, especially when flashing (IMO halogen TDs get drowned out by Libbys but the LED TDs drown out the surrounding inboards)
Not yet. I’m working on picking up a second job for my days off. Once I do I’m going to look into getting some. I thought hard about getting 2 of the new Federal Signal TCLs but I can’t justify it. lol.

I am getting some side warning soon to go underneath the doors. I’m trading some stuff for 4 Unit Signal X3’s. They are Chinese but they are SAE rated and stuff like that. For free I’m not going to complain.

I’ve debated on taking the Liberty off once I get enough warning around it and replacing it with an ILB but I’m not sure just yet. That’s why I haven’t dropped the money on the led takedowns and alleys.

pdk9

Veteran Member
Not yet. I’m working on picking up a second job for my days off. Once I do I’m going to look into getting some. I thought hard about getting 2 of the new Federal Signal TCLs but I can’t justify it. lol.

I am getting some side warning soon to go underneath the doors. I’m trading some stuff for 4 Unit Signal X3’s. They are Chinese but they are SAE rated and stuff like that. For free I’m not going to complain.

I’ve debated on taking the Liberty off once I get enough warning around it and replacing it with an ILB but I’m not sure just yet. That’s why I haven’t dropped the money on the led takedowns and alleys.
Don’t take off the Libby; it looks right at home on a pickup truck!
The TCL looks cool but I’m sure it costs a pretty penny. I think the M series are just as impressive when they’re off (in terms of aesthetics) as they are when they’re on (bright as F@#K)

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Don’t take off the Libby; it looks right at home on a pickup truck!
The TCL looks cool but I’m sure it costs a pretty penny. I think the M series are just as impressive when they’re off (in terms of aesthetics) as they are when they’re on (bright as F@#K)
It’s just a thought right now. Not really sure if I’m actually going to.

And I haven’t seen the cost of the new TCL yet but I’d say it’s out of my range I want to spend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainMinute
Top Bottom