New pov. 2014 Silverado

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Hello all,

Just got a new pov. 2014 Chevy Silverado.

Already got plans in the works to light it up. Gonna take my time and do it right.

I’m going to take my time and decide what I want to put on it for the final build.

For now it’s going to have a Galls Street Lightning strobe dash light and an MX7000.

Thoughts, ideas, crude comments?

Attachments

• 747B59AD-2FFF-466B-A686-442DD4524F7D.jpeg
    747B59AD-2FFF-466B-A686-442DD4524F7D.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 2FB15EFE-BAEF-420D-B882-988EACA6EB0F.jpeg
    2FB15EFE-BAEF-420D-B882-988EACA6EB0F.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 71

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Hello all,

Just got a new pov. 2014 Chevy Silverado.

Already got plans in the works to light it up. Gonna take my time and do it right.

I’m going to take my time and decide what I want to put on it for the final build.

For now it’s going to have a Galls Street Lightning strobe dash light and an MX7000.

Thoughts, ideas, crude comments?

That's a purtty truck. Just an idea...when you mount the bar, scoot it back about center of the extend cab doors. Otherwise you may not see the arrowstick from a distance.

My 07 had full bar and dash light, great combo to hit anything right in the rear view. Keep any grille lights low and in line with the high beams and you'll part traffic like crazy.

Reactions: Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Yes I wonder this too....

If your going with a full bar.. only some hideaways is necessary in the near...

Jarred, honestly this was the first thing that caught my eye. I drove it and my wife and I loved it. Other than that there wasn’t a reason.

That's a purtty truck. Just an idea...when you mount the bar, scoot it back about center of the extend cab doors. Otherwise you may not see the arrowstick from a distance.

My 07 had full bar and dash light, great combo to hit anything right in the rear view. Keep any grille lights low and in line with the high beams and you'll part traffic like crazy.

I will scoot it back. Unfortunately, no arrrowstick. The bottom lenses are just yellowed and give off that look that there is one.

My plan is right now to run the lightbar cable between the bed and the cab and in through the cab filters behind the seat.

Did you have any trouble mounting any bars on yours? I’ve got some lower feet from a 2100 bar coming and am waiting on a quote for some brackets from a Code 3 dealer today.

I really don’t want to drill screws for the gutter brackets since I’m still paying on it.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I mounted up a Freedom. No problems. I ran the cable under the weather stripping in the corner of the door jamb. Slight pinch but never cut sheathing. I also used some old vector mounts, just rebent them to fit the contour and drilled into the body under the stripping. No leaks or water issues.

14-17 has a slightly different cab/door layout though. Good idea going with the 2100 feet.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
I mounted up a Freedom. No problems. I ran the cable under the weather stripping in the corner of the door jamb. Slight pinch but never cut sheathing. I also used some old vector mounts, just rebent them to fit the contour and drilled into the body under the stripping. No leaks or water issues.

14-17 has a slightly different cab/door layout though. Good idea going with the 2100 feet.

Thanks. I’m just hoping to put the gutter brackets on and not have to drill screws into it.

I guess we will see when they come in.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
For now, I’d say add 2 pairs of cannons (1 to the front 1 pair to the rear) and a HLF. That’ll keep you covered for now u til you can upgrade the light and get some nice perimeter warning (ie pair of M7’s on each side of Chevy grill bow, intersectors, rear LP lights, C-Post area side lighting, etc)

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
When funds allow it I’m thinking a couple Whelen M4’s or M6’s with chrome flanges in the grill.
Definitely not the M4’s b/c they’re on the small side for a truck grill IMO. If any of the 2, I’d go with M6, BUT I think the M7’s look best on each side of the Chevy ribbon on a pickup or Tahoe grill

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
The Edge will be awesome, the 911ep is the icing on the cake!!! Where are my other 911ep fanboys?! @Zapp Brannigan @7d9_z28 @Ultimate D

Lol. The 911EP will be nice. It’s going in the lower part of the back glass. It’s a 10 head module, with the 2 center and 2 ends being amber. The other 6 are red.

Do you or anyone else have the install manuals and list of patterns for the TD28?

I’ve searched the 911EP thread on here and it shows all the links that were posted were broken or something.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Looks good. The vertical separation couldn't be better. They don't drown each other out. I'd add some flashing alleys/TD to the edge and something dash or grille and it'd be perfect.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Looks good. The vertical separation couldn't be better. They don't drown each other out. I'd add some flashing alleys/TD to the edge and something dash or grille and it'd be perfect.

I’ve got a Galls Street Lightning strobe dash light on the dash. I just forgot to turn it on.

I’m going to set the money aside for the next couple of months and get either a Freedom or a Liberty. Haven’t decided which yet.

Reactions: Sparky_911

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky

Sparky,

How did you like the Freedom you had on your 07? You have any videos of it? I thought I had subscribed to your channel on YouTube but can’t find it.

I’ve been debating on either a Liberty or a Freedom, used of course, but can’t decide.

I like the way the Edge looks on my truck so I believe a Freedom would look good too. I’m kinda leaning the way of the Freedom.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I loved it. Its basically a double stacked liberty but it's amazing how much bang you get from the taller footprint. It was deeper than an edge (12" vs 9") which gave it more side profile. Find a 50" bar not a 48....mine was 55 oal total. I only sold it because the trouble to mount it on my new ride was too much.

Sparykz911 is my YouTube channel.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
I loved it. Its basically a double stacked liberty but it's amazing how much bang you get from the taller footprint. It was deeper than an edge (12" vs 9") which gave it more side profile. Find a 50" bar not a 48....mine was 55 oal total. I only sold it because the trouble to mount it on my new ride was too much.

Sparykz911 is my YouTube channel.

Gotcha. I plan on talking to Justin Duke and see what he has. It’ll be a couple months at least until
I can get one but I’d like to get an idea first.

I just like the look of the Freedom more. Plus I can add colored lenses to it if I like.

I found it not long after I commented earlier. I just happened to remember your video of responding to the child lost in corn. Searched that and it pulled right up.

Reactions: Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.