New Ram 1500 under tailgate lightbar recommendation

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
Buddy bought a new ram 1500 and I'm trying to find a good but reasonably priced under tailgate led bar.  Has to be all red.  Anyone have a recommendation on one that they've used.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I have looked at several options. Whelen and Feniex.

Feniex T6 appear to me to be the only ones that fit without being hit by the bottom flange of the tailgate.

The Whelen ION surface mounts are too big. I M not sure about the the Whelen micron though.

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
Thanks for the tip. Since we have to run all red I was looking at those under tailgate brake light strips. I'll just out it on a flasher.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They arnt really emergency lights. If you just want something flashing down there go with them if they fit

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
no better than HG2 and you have to worry about the depth of the housing as they are really deep. 

I belive Station3 posted a pick of his truck with a nLine and it looked pretty good for underneath the tailgate.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Not a warning light. Might look cool but strip lighting is not effective warning which is why they don't have class one ratings. Same thing as hg2. I love sos. But not a fan of these and routinely push people away. Be interesting to see if longevity is even better than hg2 but I'm skeptical as sos is importing them and won't even out their full warranty on them

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
If you just want something to flash there then roll with them. If you want something truly effective find something else.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
What's the \/\/ version? Would fit the bill here? I would think that t3 or LED3 would work.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The whelen version is slightly better. It's not much smaller than a t3 and has a deeper housing

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I think the whelen strip lite is a pretty decent product for 5mm.  2 solid red set to steady burn maybe?

As for something with a little more punch, what about the axixtech ST6 or the SNM sliver? They're both super thin lights that should have no problem with clearance

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
The strip under the gate? You won't be happy, not bright, and fail fairly quickly (type and style, I don't know about the brand).

I think they are advertising the flasher system only.

Last edited by a moderator:

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
I was referring to this light flasher that interfaces to the can bus of the truck. Uses factory lighting. I bought one so if no one else has tried it I'll report my findings.

Reactions: WireKing

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
You can always bring it by and we can tape a flange to the area and try

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Ive got a bunch of beat up flanges

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Ive got a bunch of beat up flanges

I'll probably try that. I debated on bringing you the truck and just letting yall do the install. I couldn't decide if I wanted to mess with it this time. But, I got the Pegasus back in which was the hardest part. I'm just going to throw some T6s on in the rear and in the grille and call it a day.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
If it's on the weekend I'm not busy you can bring it by for the install and I'll give you a hand

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Sounds good. Sunday's are not typically good but Saturday's are ok. Football season. Just check with me to make sure

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
So did the module work out? I'm thinking about getting the same thing.

I put one in a 2013 f150- my only gripe about it is even when you have your headlights in the off position, it turns them on while flashing your highbeams. So during the day the headlights almost wash out the highbeams because there is no true "off" between flashes. Along with the fact that it doesn't wig wag them rather just alternates flashing both highbeams against both fog lights (if equipped)

Night video-

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
I put one in a 2013 f150- my only gripe about it is even when you have your headlights in the off position, it turns them on while flashing your highbeams. So during the day the headlights almost wash out the highbeams because there is no true "off" between flashes. Along with the fact that it doesn't wig wag them rather just alternates flashing both highbeams against both fog lights (if equipped)

Night video-

Actually looks kinda cool and unique having the fogs flash against the high beams. So if they just didn't turn on the headlights during the flash during daytime it would look good?

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Actually looks kinda cool and unique having the fogs flash against the high beams. So if they just didn't turn on the headlights during the flash during daytime it would look good?

It would be more effective as the headlights almost wash out the "pop" of the highbeams when flashing

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.