May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
my new mode 2...

and my mode 1...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
well i can RMA these but im trying to figure out if they are sending 12 diode apollos or fusions...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
RMA sent after talking with tech support. trying to figure out if they will send F12s or fusions..

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Teaser pic. vids to follow after I get day time vids...

KIMG0772.JPG

I like them alot...

Reactions: Tony P

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Well pending a local installer looking at these Friday to double check what I already know I decided to do these pics real quick...
This is my cobra "takedowns" and the 2 fusions on steady white...
KIMG0804.JPG

Looking at them from the neighbors house you see lit up
KIMG0805.JPG

Close up to get all 4 lights in frame..
KIMG0806.JPG

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Hmm guess I never updated but after RMA on that pair of fusions i got another pair and they worked flawlessly...

Project for last weekend...

Out with appolo with suctions

KIMG0958.JPG

In with new fusion with window mount
KIMG0959.JPG

Also added a dashcam a few weeks back...

Waiting on pucks now.. and to hit the lottery so I can get a 4200, hammer, pushbar, feed the hogs, wash the laundry,.finish up.my home work....

Reactions: Sparky_911

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
been awhile since i have done anything major... but here we go...

Finally got an APRS tracker... Byonics RTG it's a 10 watt transmitter and one of their tiny track 3s in a self contained box...

KIMG1324.JPG

It takes a small GPS, uses it's signal turns it into a packet and send it's through the airwaves .. which is picked up and retransmitted by DigiPeter's and Igates...

So here's some install pics...

Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
All of the pics loaded out of order..

here it is all installed and running. db9 connectors are the GPS. antenna and power/ ground...

KIMG1328.JPG

Attaching the anderson power pole connector to the ground side.. this wasnt attached yet just adding the connector to a roll of ground wire.

KIMG1322.JPG

I didnt "label" the 2 wires i added to the console so i used a good ole HF meter to see which wire had power when the switch was on..
KIMG1319.JPG

no flash to see the unit powers on and works...

KIMG1327.JPG

pulling the wires through the carpeting to the rear to the storgae box...

KIMG1317.JPG

running the wires under the carpet tot he console..

KIMG1314.JPGKIMG1315.JPG

HF meter again for the 2nd wire

KIMG1320.JPG

wires up in the console before attaching to the Carling console switches.

KIMG1318.JPG

wires fed through to the rear... while i had this opened back up i put some loom on the side mounted fusion.. in this pic is 2 coax cables the GPS cable (db9 lead) wiring for the fusion and the 2 new power wires..

KIMG1323.JPG

used the trailer wire negative for the negative post for the HF meter.. LOL

KIMG1321.JPG

The snake under the carpet now..

KIMG1312.JPG

The GPS unit. it is supposed to go on the roof. but since it doesnt come in a NMO mount and i didnt want it up on the roof i checked with the maker and he said as long as there isnt too much metal between it and the outside world it should work here... its up on a "hump" near the back glass. i test ran it for a few days there and it never moved with its magnets so it should be good there...

KIMG1316.JPG

had to drill a big hole for the db9 to pass through pre connection.. you can see the antenna coax here as well. i bought a small SMA to pl259 cable to run from the RTG to the antenna

KIMG1325.JPG

connection of power wires before looming

KIMG1326.JPG

Attachments

• KIMG1312.JPG
    KIMG1312.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
this is the 2 switches (from a few pages back in case you didnt want to go back and look.)

obviously i hooked the APRS up to he custom switch LOL and the the 2nd wire will be going to yup, you guessed... (but when) I am debating if i want to surface mount some leds into the bumper or do one of those trailer hitch mount bars... (similar to this but not as big of lights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CUROPSI/?tag=elightbars-20 )

KIMG1331.JPG

1st time it got picked up by a digipeter/ igate... on my way to work today my county is a deadspot for APRS but thats another project for another day that im only a few components away from.. the closest digi /igates are in Rutherford, Coffee, and Maury counties..

KIMG1329.JPG

When i went to lunch in the town with the digi / igate

KIMG1330.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave F

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Another project done for now. Im not to crazy of this set up but its temporary. I still want to flush mount some leds in the bumber but this will work for now.

this is an IDMjoy mount that is readily available on many sites. I paid about $30 shipped for it it is "supposed" to fit on most receiver hitches.

KIMG1341.JPG

i always upload these in order but they get flipped somehow.. this was testing it on the battery...KIMG1348.JPG

mounted and tested on switch power
KIMG1352.JPG

yes it was somewhat day light when i started, temps in the 90s so i waited a bit for it too cool off some. i had to mount the lights on top of the mount as the brackets dont fit on the bottom this bracket is meant for stud mount lights but i didnt want the big ol things hanging down from the bottom as they would bottom out every time i left the house....

i also had to disassemble one lens to make it when the spots where on the inside and floods on the outside... also had to flip it so the light was closer to the mount and not 2 inches taller as shown.. the lights are from wally world and were $22 a piece.

KIMG1345.JPG

distance shot about 25 feet away

KIMG1347.JPG

testing the wiring before shrinkwrapping everything.. used a couple of SAE plugs to make for quick disconnects. (as seen in photo above)

KIMG1346.JPG

back of the mount to show height differences

KIMG1344.JPG

test fit before wiring (note flood spot spot flood configuration)

KIMG1343.JPG

the switch

KIMG1355.JPG

remeber the red wire with a cap from last update.. ohh look there it is....

there isnt really a place to mount a ground on the hitch. since i had a ground here for the 4 pin relay, and the wiring from the cannon come through here.. i ran the power wire through the same hole as the ground as the cannon and grounded it in the same spot as the relay ground.

KIMG1353.JPG

lights on i beleive this is when i put the 2 pin sae plug on the trailer connector to test wiring before i hooked up switch power.

KIMG1351.JPG

light wiring butt spliced/ heat shrink individual wires and then added a bigger piece of heat shrink to cover both. also zip tied the 2 light wires for protection

KIMG1349.JPG

i beleive this picture speaks for itself.. next slide please...

KIMG1354.JPG

ran the wiring from the lights under the bumper between the hitch the SAE plug is about another 6 inches behind that i still need to loom tot he plug...

KIMG1350.JPG

i guess i didnt add a pic of the other end of the wiring. but i have about 4 feet of wiring running from behind tail light to the other plug. in case i get bored with this or need to take it for some reason , i can just reach back unplug it and its off...

Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
back up camera with new lights on

KIMG1357.JPG

back up cam without new lights on..... i upgraded the backup lights with leds (https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-and-subminiature-bulbs/194-led-bulb-cob-led-t325-miniature-wedge-base-135-lumens/6325/14245/?utm_source=product_review_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=product_review_email) as well but they arent as bright as id like so im still looking for better options...

most of the light you are seeing is from the LP lights i upgraded them to led 194s back when i first got the vehicle..

KIMG1356.JPG

so i still have room for 2 more devices in that console plate.
1 will be a front led bar if i can find a pushbar with one already built in and the other IDk for now.. LOL

Last edited:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Keep looking around on SBL...I've bought a lot of bulbs from them and sometimes the cheaper versions are better than the higher lumen versions.

Reactions: Jarred J.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Fanfare music...

Antennas are now permanent and no longer 4 mag mounts...

The antennas after I took the mags off and rolled up the coax. With the NMOs still curled up.

KIMG1494.JPG

I didn't want to take pics of the Installer without his permission so I didn't get in progress pics..

KIMG1495.JPG

Yes they are closer together then I wanted but with little space comes little possibilities... We put the first antenna where the sun roof tracks stopped... And the last antenna just before the real dome light..

The 2 primary transmitter antennas are more than 1/4 wave apart so in theory they are safe...

The other 2 is the scanner and 220mhz and won't be affected by the other 2 so they are spaced 7 inches apart...

So there's another project off my list.

I will post another up date I did a few weeks back later..

Looking at bull bars now so that's next as well...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I highly dis like that this always doesnt upload the pics the way i clicked on them.. ruins the TA DA effect..

The update i was talking about in the last post is visible here as well.. Brighter Leds in the fog lights and Smoked lenses

new phone = better pics!!!

Here are the last 2 updates that ive done.

Bull bar is on hold. because my AC condenser needed the money more i guess. but that is a UBL 13 inch single row "off road light" under the LP and 2 new Feneix Quads to replace the "spider eyes"

ill have pics of that install as soon as i can get them off the old phones memory card

KIMG0008.JPG

last pic of the spider eyes and the UBL light

KIMG0001.JPG

pulled a boulder, worked on an install at work. i didnt think it would take longer to remove the old ones then replace with new! 2 T3s and 2 fusions

KIMG0002.JPG

Yes it was raining. a Bare Grill... ( not to be confused with a Bear Gryll)

KIMG0003.JPG

I was told some modification would have to be done to the fusions brackets to work on the Quads.. so... here you go. Used a Step bit to make it twice the size.

KIMG0004.JPG

did i say it was raining that night? Quads in their new home.

KIMG0005.JPG

now i just need a trusty assistant to help me get some video and ill post those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparky_911

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
little premade harness for this project.. reusing my old grill lights for rear lighting...

havent determined if i want to hook the reds up to the rest of the warning yet. it will depend if they will sync with them or not. seeing how my luck is going it probably wont but another project for another day

34205.jpg

34204.jpg

went and had this done by a local shop. i took them the lights and had ordered some flush mount brackets. they charged way to much for labor but it is what it is..

34203.jpg

Ive got them wired on the harness that was controlling the lights on the trailer hitch. those lights will be coming off. they kept coming loose and really wasnt impressed with the setup.

34202.jpg

Yup they work... pre finished with this part of harness

34206.jpg

ive tucked all the wiring up behind the bumper. weather is supposed to get bad and then cold again so ive only got these working for now..

34209.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.