New Rontan MicroLights!!

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
What a unique and intriguing design!

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
It must be a personal quirk, but why do they call these "strobe LED"? Strobe, like LED, is a technology. That's like saying a truck has a "gas diesel" engine. Grrr...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
leftcoastmark said:
It must be a personal quirk, but why do they call these "strobe LED"? Strobe, like LED, is a technology. That's like saying a truck has a "gas diesel" engine. Grrr...

+1, makes it sound ebay-chinese-knockoff-ish. Would like to see a video though!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
leftcoastmark said:
This has always been a pet peeve of mine as well... LoL

ncfireman1918

Jun 15, 2010
Mocksville, NC
I saw them in action at IACP the other week. All I have to say is HOLY CRAP they were bright! I was pretty impressed with several of their products, but who knows how they would perform outside the exhibit hall.

Jan 14, 2011
Brisbane Australia
Hi everyone,

Some great videos showing the grill mounted Quasar Dots are shown here http://www.youtube.com/user/EnforcerSafetySystem?feature=mhum

These units are amazing and the install is dead simple.

Looking to purchase ? Let me know your location and I'll have your local Rep contact you.

The link will also show you some great videos of other Rontan products including the new 22000 lumen Maximum range of lightbars.

Remember with using Rontan products you can 'Be Seen and Be Safe' in your roadside workplace.

Thanks,

Dugald Johnston

Rontan Australia

Last edited by a moderator:

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
We just got a new shipment of the Quasar Strobe LEDs in and let me say that I am big time impressed at the light output on these HAWs! They put our Vertex heads and Axixtech heads to shame.

Will try and get some pics & video up later this afternoon.....

Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey USA
The youtube link brought up a vid of my grill lights before I moved them behind the grill, idk why that link was posted for the rotan dot lights but they are sound off led 3 light heads, should have a vid up soon of the whole truck lit up

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
JohnMarcson said:

Also ignorant-wacker-on-YouTube-ish. I got in a long comment war back in the fall with some 'tard who called his SLK lights "LED strobes". His defense? "95% of the people I know call them that." Mine? "95% of the people you know are f-ing retards," and then proceeded to explain to him the HUGE difference in strobe and LED technology....

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
JohnMarcson said:

Also ignorant-wacker-on-YouTube-ish. I got in a long comment war back in the fall with some 'tard who called his SLK lights "LED strobes". His defense? "95% of the people I know call them that." Mine? "95% of the people you know are f-ing retards," and then proceeded to explain to him the HUGE difference in strobe and LED technology....

Jan 14, 2011
Brisbane Australia
Hi everyone,

The reference to 'Strobe LED' surrounds the flash rate this unit (like the Quasar DOT) is capable of.

The ATTACK lightbar is made up completely of these units and gives off an impressive strobe effect.

Given LED is in use not an actual strobe power supply is very simple with low draw and install just as easy.

Please note that there are no other attachments/controllers required to operate the unit. What you see in the picture above contains everything for power control and flash pattern selection. With non-volatile memory the unit will always start with the last flash pattern you used.

Connect them altogether with the white wire and they will go into sequence and stay that way.

All instructions and flash pattern information supplied in the instructions.

I'm going to head out and do a video now to post on YouTube to show a range of patterns.

They are also excellent for headlight mounting.

Thanks,

Dugald Johnston

Rontan Australia

'Be Seen - Be Safe'

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
74FirefighterEMT said:
The youtube link brought up a vid of my grill lights before I moved them behind the grill, idk why that link was posted for the rotan dot lights but they are sound off led 3 light heads, should have a vid up soon of the whole truck lit up

:lol: You saw video of your grill lights because he posted a link to "my videos". So when I clicked on it, it brought me to some of my videos. So no one else saw your truck. Just you ;)

Jan 14, 2011
Brisbane Australia

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Rontan Australia said:
As requested I've uploaded a video of a Quasar Strobe in action.

It's not a strobe or a strobe led, it's an LED. Just because it 'strobes'... aka a flash pattern, doesn't mean it's a 'strobe'. Stop calling it that. Just because the flash pattern(s) mimic strobes doesn't mean it's a strobe. It's still just an LED with a 'strobe-like' flash pattern.

Continued misinformation from manufactures confuses those who are not 'up' on all the lingo and technology. See this thread for the prime example. OP wanted info on "LED strobes" and it turned into a shit storm by simply asking him if he wanted "LEDs" or "strobes." He didn't think there was a difference because the item he linked had called it an "LED strobe" when it was clearly just an "LED".

http://www.elightbars.org/forums/showthread.php?8698-small-LED-amber-strobes

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.