New Siren/Control Heads and "Rumbler" type speaker

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
So, Feniex is releasing tidbits of products for 2017. First the showed a picture or a "Rumbler" type speaker. No specific details yet.
FB_IMG_1480643014920.jpg

The next is 2 new siren controllers. Both Adapt the 4200 mini controller into it.

The first is a rotary switch siren that will allow up to 22 tones to be used, momentary switches and the 6 buttons of the 4200 mini.

The second is a handheld light/siren controller.

It also appears the have modified some of the tones to sound a bit better. At least from what I could tell on my phone.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1373460699352508&id=168303959868194

Should be an interesting year for products if they keep this up. They seem to be filling their product lines gaps with products other companies have had for years. I think we're inching closer and closer to WeCan/CanTrol and hopefully Bluprint programable systems.

Let's hear your thoughts on this and hopeful other products!

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
I wish that rumbler-style of speaker was instead a mechanical siren--with a gear assisted motor so the motor can be smaller & with less amp draw.

I also really, really, really would like Feniex to fill the gap between the minibar & a full size bar. A 27" magnet+suction cup mount would be perfectly sized.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I would love to see a new inavative mechanical siren! That would be amazing! I think they could definitely do it for sure.

My personal opinion, I think that they're getting there for those products. For a company that is only 8 years old, they have made incredible strides in their products to be considered one of the best. I definitely think they need to fill those product gaps though. But I'm sure there's a good reason they haven't yet. Just my thoughts though.

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
I would also like a mid-size mini bar... but a handheld controller would be nice with programmable buttons. My biggest complaint with my Carson handheld, is the extra wasted buttons for horn and manual tones that I have no use for and would rather have extra light functions instead.

Got me interested.

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
For an amber setup like mine, I would like to see a handheld version if the mini 4200 in the same price range.

Last edited:

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
If I could get a Mechanical siren, in 1/2 the size of a Q, with the same sound output, I would concider putting it on all of our light apparatus

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
Add me to the list of folks hoping for more mid-range sized lightbars. Feniex is plenty bright, but 14" mini-bars just don't quite have the footprint I'm hoping for. Give me at least 18" or even up to 27-28"

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I am interested in the low frequency siren. I think like mentioned above a hand held mini 4200 might be cool. I am not a fan of the look of the hand held. Hopefully the final product looks better.

I also agree that a mid size bar that would be more customizable would be great.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i was able to watch it and i dont have facebook

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
This is all cool and stuff, but the tones still suck...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yea i was kinda thinking the same... doesnt sound like they fixed the mechanical attempt fail

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
The full function handheld is a nice compact size, considering it has a rotary wheel. I def dig it.

The handheld, though, I'm not a fan of. It looks like a cheap KO, and having a circle of tiny buttons IMO will make it hard to figure out what's what unless you have the controller 6" from your face

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
He stated in the vid that these were 3d printed prototypes more than likely not final look

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
I think we're inching closer and closer to WeCan/CanTrol and hopefully Bluprint programable systems.

Let's hear your thoughts on this and hopeful other products!

I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd say they're years away from it. None of their 2016 new release products (or the Cannons) will flash with an external flasher, unless it's a single flash 60/75/90. Having said that, they did release an external flasher...So, I guess they're making products to support other manufacturers lights.

If they do, I hope it's not a product like the Code3 CELS; basically just a multi mode lightbar I/O board in a box to put in your vehicle.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd say they're years away from it. None of their 2016 new release products (or the Cannons) will flash with an external flasher, unless it's a single flash 60/75/90. Having said that, they did release an external flasher...So, I guess they're making products to support other manufacturers lights.

If they do, I hope it's not a product like the Code3 CELS; basically just a multi mode lightbar I/O board in a box to put in your vehicle.

This is true and they really need to fix not being able to use a flasher with their lightheads and their flash patterns need to be expanded. However, I would hope with the next lighthead and controller revamp, they will do that. I would guess in about 2-3 years is when we'd see the next major revamp in their lines. If they don't, that could spell a downfall for them.

I was planning on buying a Rumbler next month. That was till I heard this announcement and put the Rumbler on the back burner

I would rather wait and go with the Feniex low-frequency siren. Since I'm confident when it comes to Feniex. And you can't beet their high quality products at reasonable prices.

I'm also looking forward to the FusionWL which will replace the Titan line.

ssilk_05641

May 29, 2010
barre,Vermont 05641

I'm still waiting for them to add a low power (Night) mode to their lightbars and direction sticks.

Reactions: bullfrog4ever
This is true and they really need to fix not being able to use a flasher with their lightheads and their flash patterns need to be expanded. However, I would hope with the next lighthead and controller revamp, they will do that. I would guess in about 2-3 years is when we'd see the next major revamp in their lines. If they don't, that could spell a downfall for them.

It's funny I've asked about the flasher a few times without getting a straight answer. The new Feniex flashers have a sync wire so you can link multiple flashers together. What happens if you set the three mode flasher to the same patterns as on your Cannons to flash a pair of T3s and connect the sync wire on the Cannons to the sync wire on the flasher. Would they sync?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.