New STL Products

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
While searching via Google for the CHP flash patterns, I came across several new products released by the much-beloved ( :roll: ) STL. Interestingly, there were new sirens that suspiciously matches the dimensions for the new brackets produced by Havis for the yet-to-be-revealed Feniex sirens. Also, STL unveiled two new lightbars (mini and full-size), a linear version called the Aries and a TIR version called the Fusion. The Aries appears to use the Axixtech linear modules and is double-stacked.

STL claims their new products are engineered and manufactured in the States. I'm curious to see documentation supporting such claim. Also, I could not locate any statements indicating that these new products are compliant with applicable SAE or Calif. Title 13 standards.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i would definitely pay $1699.95 for a lightbar from them over a SOS Pinnacle, whelen liberty, etc. ANYDAY (not!).

i seriously can't believe some of their prices

NHFDFF81

May 21, 2010
New Hampton , NY
the 3 watt dash light has already been made by another no name company called extreme tactical dynamics! it really is crazy bright as I got a free one to test but, the piece failed it wouldnt remember the last patter and it would turn on and off by itself! I couldn't complain getting it for free and it was so bright but I would rather reliability-JOEYD

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
lets see how many posts it will take before this gets moved to the ring!

STL is terrible. How do they think they will get away with pricing some of their products higher than whelen??

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Fast LT1 said:
Dang i was browsing they're site and for the prices of their crap you might as well buy a quality product from whelen!

ALTHOUGH, this product has me really intrigued! https://www.speedtechlights.com/product ... d=1&id=209

I wonder if it is as crappy as that Extreme Tactical Crapnamics
The ONE decent item I've found that ETD makes is their ET-7. My department bought one for an admin car and the thing is actually very bright. Good selection of flash patterns, etc. Of course, that was AFTER I took it apart and repaired a wire that got stripped during assembly, thereby shorting out the "pattern change" button.

Their TIR-3 & -4 lights, however, suck. As do their OKTAG sticks.

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
kinnelonfire75 said:
lets see how many posts it will take before this gets moved to the ring!

STL is terrible. How do they think they will get away with pricing some of their products higher than whelen??

i was thinken the same thing. i was gonna order somethen through them a while ago i cant remember what it was but i ended up shying away from em cause i found the same product a ton cheaper off of sirennet. i wanna say it was my HAW.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Jared @ 911Lights said:
I have trouble believing that statement, their products seem identical to everything else coming out of China.

-Jared

+1,000,000

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
If you look at some of the other nock of companies all of there products look all of the same the only differnce is some of the stupid names that they come up for some of them. I belive and i think we can all agree on this, that i highly doubt that they design and engineer there products here in the US. Aother reasion why i think they are just a bunch of noobs is i ordered a beacon i think it was from them and it didn't have any intructions or any documentaion that came with it. If you notice all good companies will include some sort of paper work on there items. If you order anything from Whelen Code 3 Federal Signal they all come with install directions and stuff like that. But anyway they are just bad news i would stay away from them at all costs. And really buy American Products.

iwillits

Apr 9, 2011
grant county, IN
Alovebaby41 said:
If you look at some of the other nock of companies all of there products look all of the same the only differnce is some of the stupid names that they come up for some of them. I belive and i think we can all agree on this, that i highly doubt that they design and engineer there products here in the US. Aother reasion why i think they are just a bunch of noobs is i ordered a beacon i think it was from them and it didn't have any intructions or any documentaion that came with it. If you notice all good companies will include some sort of paper work on there items. If you order anything from Whelen Code 3 Federal Signal they all come with install directions and stuff like that. But anyway they are just bad news i would stay away from them at all costs. And really buy American Products.[/Q

if speedtech lights is so bad y is it its one of the first to show up on my google search engine?

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
iwillits said:
Because you can pay money to Google to be on top, or if you know how to use HTML meta tags.

Being on top/first of a search engine meas ABSOLUTE NOTHING, just like what the show Seinfeld was about, nothing.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
iwillits said:
if speedtech lights is so bad y is it its one of the first to show up on my google search engine?

Because you searched for 'Speed Tech Lights'?

proled

Sep 8, 2010
Belgium
Jared @ 911Lights said:
I have trouble believing that statement, their products seem identical to everything else coming out of China.

-Jared

Looks like the rubbish 911signal makes.... or gets made....

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
RL1 said:
Because you searched for 'Speed Tech Lights'?
:thumbsup:

I just went to google and said to myself, if I was ignorant regarding this subject matter, what would I type into google? I typed in "police lights." Every search result was for knock-off lights.

None of the big name manufacturers came up.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
bigcat said:
:thumbsup:

I just went to google and said to myself, if I was ignorant regarding this subject matter, what would I type into google? I typed in "police lights." Every search result was for knock-off lights.

None of the big name manufacturers came up.

That's because they don't HAVE to! LMAO Remember, word of mouth can make or break a business. ;-)

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
PC Comms said:
word of mouth can make or break a business. ;-)

Word of mouth? Surely you mean word of keyboard... :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.