New Strobes N More 35 degree LED Hide a way

JM6402

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
My girlfriend made the same comment to me at the beginning of the video... Just kidding.

In all seriousness, looks like a great concept, and nice to see that you guys researched it thoroughly. I'm going to actually pick up a few later.

My one question, is alot of people mention that the point of the LAW's is to hit the reflector itself for the most output, not to shine the light directly out. Do you find that in the housing itself, you get a better output by aiming the light straight out rather than into the reflector?

-WYE

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Very nice Louis!!! Awesome idea... Can't wait to see it in a real-world setting... I may have to get one of each just to play around...

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

alxjmrk

May 25, 2010
NC, USA
I'm sold! I have a Taurus and I have been waiting for the new SnM series. That is all the research I need to assure me it will work exactly as I need. I have my holes cut exactly like those were as well. I'm excited!!!

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Louis, please don't take this as an attack against you or your product. I am intrigued by your new product and I'm just trying to understand it better. I'm an engineer, it's what I do.

So...with the LEDs angled like that what difference would it make if it was mounted in an assembly with a mirror behind it? Now all the LEDs are pointed straight out the lens (as you've bragged). No light (or only indirect light) is hitting the reflector assembly so wouldn't you just be left with a blinking dot in your tail light?

Maybe I'm way off base and will be shut up after I see an application video.

A light bulb shines light in a sphere. The point of the reflector is to take the light emitted to the sides and rear and re-direct it to the front. The bulb itself does not shine out the front, but rather the reflected beam of light as a whole.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
No offence taken. Most all manufacturers suggest mounting the lights in a manner to have the light directed out of the housing.

Being that most LEDs are very directional you really don't get the use of the reflector as you would with the factory halogen as you pointed out or a strobe tube which emits light on all sides. After testing with a light meter and looking at numerous installs we felt this was the way to go to get the maximum light directed in the direction you want it most. If you have an LED in hand try pointing it directly at the cieling or preferibly a wall 15 feet away and then turn the LED to a 35 degree or similar angle and see the light output. As for the dot affect you mention we really did not see it, however we have added an optic dome to this model and the other Strobes N More LED we offer individually. You will find most all taillights use an optic lens and most headlights especially the larger ones almost always give you a much different look because of the lack of optics and size.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.