NEW Tender/Pumper Pierce Arrow XT PG 2

KC9QNN

Dec 4, 2010
USA Wisconsin
It is now here, more pictures on page 2

We went to Pierce yesterday to check on the progress of our new Arrow XT Pumper Tender 3000 gal. tank, 750 gpm pump. Should have the truck Mid January. I have to get some of the better pictures from guys that went on the trip all I had was my cell phone :bonk:

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_New866.jpg

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_New866lightson.jpg

1/15/13 UPDATE! (more hopefully by this weekend 1/19/13)

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_grafton9521_zpsd412ebda.jpg

This was hiding in a bay as well and in the 2 stalls next to it tiller trucks under construction for same agency......... :drooling: :hail: :thumbsup:

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_PortlandSquad3.jpg

ai166.photobucket.com_albums_u111_The_Bear121_Portland.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

KC9QNN

Dec 4, 2010
USA Wisconsin
Travelin Man said:
Portland's tillered rescue, nice.

Good to see your department paints their rigs the right color!

LOL Since there are some changes going on in the department we pushed to get it painted the right color but that was shot down. This is our first truck to have a Q as well, that was a fight in itself too as was the AM/FM CD player with weather bands.... :undecided:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
HUGE fan of Green/yellow trucks! Very nice!

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
Alright, I'll be that guy...

They picked it to early!

:razz: ;)

I do like both trucks; Pierce has always been one of the best manufacturers in my book.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
jprleedy4680 said:
Alright, I'll be that guy...

They picked it to early!

:razz: ;) .

Granny Smith picks 'em just right!

To the OP, for future reference, these aren't really "teaser" shots, as we can see the whole thing. On that note, THANK YOU, because the suspense would probably kill me!

V

VTfireftr

If it's going to be an ARFF engine, it's the right color. If not, it should be red, red/white. or red/back.

With all the money we spend on lighting, and the required reflective striping, painting a piece of fire equipment green is just plain ugly - even though it is a Pierce.

I hope you installed a brake for the Q. Our officers alwys seem to step on the button while getting in the engine.

Good luck with the new piece.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
VTfireftr said:
If it's going to be an ARFF engine, it's the right color. If not, it should be red, red/white. or red/back.

With all the money we spend on lighting, and the required reflective striping, painting a piece of fire equipment green is just plain ugly - even though it is a Pierce.

I hope you installed a brake for the Q. Our officers alwys seem to step on the button while getting in the engine.

Good luck with the new piece.

Why do you people have such a problem with a more visible truck?

Don't give me that "Red means stop, green means go" crap, that only works for traffic lights. If a Big green fire truck flies up behind you lights flashing and Q rolling, you are going to GTFO of the way.

AKRLTW

Jan 21, 2012
AK/NV USA
7d9_z28 said:
Don't give me that "Red means stop, green means go" crap, that only works for traffic lights. If a Big green fire truck flies up behind you lights flashing and Q rolling, you are going to GTFO of the way.because the truck has its lights and siren on which is what attracted your attention and provided you the message that you need to yield the ROW to that vehicle

Visibility? That's a flat non-argument!

It's really not more visible anyway in any situation that actually matters. You're not responding or even parking anywhere where you need visibility, without your equipment on to enhance your visibility and recognition (lights stationary, lights and siren mobile) and giving people working on the trucks headaches due to fuglypaint is just a disservice to your staff.

I'd rather have a truck that looked good in the daytime and relied on a proper package of passive reflective striping to enhance the signature and overall footprint from active emergency lighting for nighttime, than a pile of steel and aluminum painted the color of what you cough up when you have the flu.

Travelin Man

Jul 9, 2010
Central Virginia
AKRLTW said:
Visibility? That's a flat non-argument!

It's really not more visible anyway in any situation that actually matters. You're not responding or even parking anywhere where you need visibility, without your equipment on to enhance your visibility and recognition (lights stationary, lights and siren mobile) and giving people working on the trucks headaches due to fuglypaint is just a disservice to your staff.

I'd rather have a truck that looked good in the daytime and relied on a proper package of passive reflective striping to enhance the signature and overall footprint from active emergency lighting for nighttime, than a pile of steel and aluminum painted the color of what you cough up when you have the flu.

I love these arguments! I ride slime-lime fire engines at work, and chrome yellow at my volunteer station. Allow me to give an opposing view....

When my VFD was incorporated in 1970, we wanted to stand out from the rest of the departments in the area. A neighboring career department sold us three rigs for $500 (total!) and one of them was yellow. The founding members liked the idea, and 42 years later, we still proudly run white-over-yellow apparatus with no plans to change. Yeah, we still chuckle at the "gonna leave yer far truck outside so it'll ripen up?" jokes from other departments as though we've never heard such an original joke, but the paint is part of who we are, and we're proud of that.

Now at work, we got our first lime rig when Ward LaFrance partnered with Dr. Steven Soloman (Google him) on his conspicuously studies in 1973. 40 years later, we still have the slime rigs. Why? It's part of our branding. There are the "big three" fire departments in the area (each with 20 stations and about 500 members) - one has red/white, one has yellow/white, and we have the lime green. Our departments get along superbly, but we each have our identity through our rolling $500,000 billboards. Sure, some members would like red fire apparatus, but we work for a great department with good pay, nice apparatus, and excellent promotional opportunities, so the paint isn't really such a big deal.

Whether or members like our lime paint job or not, it's pretty widely accepted in our department that our rigs are easy to see. They don't blend in with the background very often, they're bright, big, and different.

Ah well, to each their own. I think that we'd have a pretty bland American fire service if everyone used red, red/white, or the latest red/black craze that sweeping the US. I'm glad I come from a state where I can find dark blue, kelly green, bright orange, white, yellow, lime, light blue, and black fire apparatus!

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
7d9_z28 said:
Don't give me that "Red means stop, green means go" crap, that only works for traffic lights. If a Big green fire truck flies up behind you lights flashing and Q rolling, you are going to GTFO of the way.

I agree that if a big engine/truck/whatever comes up behind you with lights flashing and siren(s) screaming, you're going to get out of the way - and I have a sneaky suspicion that it doesn't really matter WHAT color the piece is.

As for the part about "red means stop, green means go" and your comment about traffic lights, I strongly disagree. There's scientific proof that different colors mean different things, and evoke different responses.

KC9QNN

Dec 4, 2010
USA Wisconsin
7d9_z28 said:
Granny Smith picks 'em just right!

To the OP, for future reference, these aren't really "teaser" shots, as we can see the whole thing. On that note, THANK YOU, because the suspense would probably kill me!

I only called it a "teaser" because next pictures will be finished truck with decals and such. So that is why I called it a teaser I don't like to do the true teaser and not put any pictu

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
geez dont give me anymore lego firetruck ideas.............I think I have 6 saved in LDD (Lego Digital Designer).

At this point, I might as well sell my lighting collection (and have thought about it)

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
7d9_z28 said:

And you'll do the exact same if it's red.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
WS224 said:
And you'll do the exact same if it's red.

So then WTF is wrong with it being green? Same effect, same lights, same equipment...

If you want a fire truck to be red so bad, go buy a fire truck and paint it red. Otherwise, get over it :sadcry:

Some people prefer green fire trucks. Some people prefer Vitamin D milk vs. 2%. Some people prefer wheat bread over white bread.

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
I don't have a problem at all with yellow/green trucks; there are many that I have seen and like. I don't buy into the stop/go color scheme, either. A toolbox is still a toolbox whether is red, yellow, or green.

I just like a little good-natured teasing!

:p :cool:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
jprleedy4680 said:
I don't have a problem at all with yellow/green trucks; there are many that I have seen and like. I don't buy into the stop/go color scheme, either. A toolbox is still a toolbox whether is red, yellow, or green.

I just like a little good-natured teasing!

:p :cool:

Yeah, I asked people to explain their logic against green fire trucks, and its just been a word twisting jackass fest. I wasn't aiming at all at you, we are on the same page around here!

I've seen fire trucks painted white, green, orance, red, purple, blue, etc.... THEY ARE ALL FIRE TRUCKS PEOPLE!

Do your patrol cars have to be black and white too? Tradition is more important, right? :duh:

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
7d9_z28 said:
Do your patrol cars have to be black and white too? Tradition is more important, right? :duh:

Well...if I had it my way... :)

Actually, I say this because a lot of the best paint schemes and graphics I've seen are on B&W's.

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
I don't care what color it is, as long as it has hoses, firefighters, and all the equipment they need to successfully do their job. All our fire trucks in town are red with white tops. We used to have one yellow fire truck at a station, but that truck has since been retired.

I can understand those who poke fun at the color of the trucks, but seriously? An argument over what color the truck should be? Come on, guys.

I'd get out of the way for any of these:

[Broken External Image]:http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws.com/11211000/11211429_3169_1024x2000.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.firefighter-emt.com/images/orange_large.jpg

awww.sycamoretownship.org_images_L_92_202008_20Seagrave_20Marauder_202_20100ft.JPG

[Broken External Image]:http://www.firefighter-emt.com/images/white_large.jpg

I'd get out of the way for red ones and yellow ones, too.

Damn, now you guys are making me want to start collecting die cast fire trucks.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
That purple ladder is definitely Photoshopped- the background colors are off and while Whelen makes blue and purple lenses, they don't make blurple. Plus, even the DOT lights and reflectors are that weird color.

As for the color of an apparatus, who gives a damn? I'd much rather run on a nice rig if it was puke green than a POS one just because it's red.

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
philyumpshus said:
That purple ladder is definitely Photoshopped- the background colors are off and...

Ok, well then, here you go:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.firefighter-emt.com/images/purple_large.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.greenvillenc.gov/uploade...Department/Information/fire-engine-purple.png

I couldn't find any blurple ones, so here are a couple of blue ones, also.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.firefighter-emt.com/images/blue_large.jpg

a4.bp.blogspot.com__SGQtnUFvP50_SV751J6LeHI_AAAAAAAAAII_V2jtjsx_bsE_s320_Fire_Engine.JPG

And, of course, Carolina Blue for a fire truck in Chapel Hill

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_5_53_Chapel_hill_firetruck.jpg

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
dg0223 said:
I don't care what color it is, as long as it has hoses, firefighters, and all the equipment they need to successfully do their job. All our fire trucks in town are red with white tops. We used to have one yellow fire truck at a station, but that truck has since been retired.

I can understand those who poke fun at the color of the trucks, but seriously? An argument over what color the truck should be? Come on, guys.

I'd get out of the way for any of these:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.firefighter-emt.com/images/orange_large.jpg

awww.sycamoretownship.org_images_L_92_202008_20Seagrave_20Marauder_202_20100ft.JPG

Love these two; the Seagrave especially.

KC9QNN

Dec 4, 2010
USA Wisconsin
So can we stop the bickering back and forth of color of fire trucks? I thought I was posting to show some photos of our new Tender just to share with everyone. I don't care what color you think it should be or shouldn't be just thought I would nice post the pictures of it and show finished ones when we get it next month. :mad:

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
KC9QNN said:
So can we stop the bickering back and forth of color of fire trucks? I thought I was posting to show some photos of our new Tender just to share with everyone. I don't care what color you think it should be or shouldn't be just thought I would nice post the pictures of it and show finished ones when we get it next month. :mad:

lol WORD.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I like the color. I collect Code 3's and my favorite trucks are the ones that are odd colors. I am also a fan of red and black together. I also think the black wheels look tough. I think when responding to calls different colors are as effective as having ambulance written backs on the front.

Thanks for sharing

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
For the record, I wasn't bickering. I like the way the truck your agency is getting looks.

Just saying.

I apologize if my posting of different colored fire trucks was too much of a hijack. I just wanted to illustrate that it really doesn't matter what color the truck is. A fire truck is a fire truck, regardless of color.

ccmedic17

Aug 22, 2011
Clanton,Alabama USA
Eric1249 said:
I like the color. I collect Code 3's and my favorite trucks are the ones that are odd colors. I am also a fan of red and black together. I also think the black wheels look tough. I think when responding to calls different colors are as effective as having ambulance written backs on the front.

Thanks for sharing

AMEN!

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
7d9_z28 said:
So then WTF is wrong with it being green? Same effect, same lights, same equipment...

If you want a fire truck to be red so bad, go buy a fire truck and paint it red. Otherwise, get over it :sadcry:

Some people prefer green fire trucks. Some people prefer Vitamin D milk vs. 2%. Some people prefer wheat bread over white bread.

I never said I have a problem with colors other than red. Here you get it right - its preference, not safety.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
All the trucks here including the ambulance are green.

People see them faster.

With or without the lights on.

Retaks

Aug 5, 2012
SE PA
Nice. Our aparatus is the same color. Were looking into getting our tower painted and a new engine. If we do were changing the paint up a little. The top of the cab will be black with the rest of the piece will be slime green with a 6" blue reflective stripe.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.