New Texas Member

Pete L.

Silver Supporter
Super excited to find a forum for emergency lighting where the first answer isn't, "Why?"
Don't you hate that . . . . . Most of us have had a response like that (usually from the
wife/girlfriend).
I'm lucky that my wife puts up with me :D.
Welcome to ELB.

-Pete

Sparx_MacGyver

Registered Member
Welcome to the forum!

Don't you hate that . . . . . Most of us have had a response like that (usually from the
wife/girlfriend).
Ya know, I get this reaction a lot. For some reason, people find it weird to have a hobby like this. Also, I'm fairly lucky with the wife, too! :D

RCMoeur

Established Member
wife/girlfriend).
Welcome to ELB.

-Pete
On the very first road trip with my then-girlfriend (now wife for 20+ years), we were traveling in my 1988 Chevy pickup with a full light bar. And we ended up working a major incident on the way home, covering traffic control and communications until the DOT crew could mobilize from 50+ miles away.

She asked: "Are all our trips going to be like this?"
My response: "Perhaps."

She married me anyway. And didn't even mind driving my personal sedan with a full LP6000 on it (when it was needed). :)

P.S. Yes, I still have the truck.

Impala9C1

Established Member
Is the multi color reflective pattern you choose more effective or just personal preference? You seem to have it on all your vehicles.

RCMoeur

Established Member
On the rear, the outward facing downward diagonal pattern is a standard object marker pattern used on traffic control devices for decades, used in NFPA 1901, and becoming more prevalent in all types of response vehicles (I did a survey within AASHTO on the topic several years ago).

Colors are "hey, let's liven this back end up a little."

Side reflective: mostly to make our vehicles more recognizable in a crowded parking lot. Any safety bonus is a plus.

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
it looks like morse code...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions