New Texas Member

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
Welcome to the forum!

Don't you hate that . . . . . Most of us have had a response like that (usually from the
wife/girlfriend).
I'm lucky that my wife puts up with me :D.

Ya know, I get this reaction a lot. For some reason, people find it weird to have a hobby like this. Also, I'm fairly lucky with the wife, too! :D

RCMoeur

Apr 26, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
Don't you hate that . . . . . Most of us have had a response like that (usually from the
wife/girlfriend).
I'm lucky that my wife puts up with me :D.
Welcome to ELB.

-Pete

On the very first road trip with my then-girlfriend (now wife for 20+ years), we were traveling in my 1988 Chevy pickup with a full light bar. And we ended up working a major incident on the way home, covering traffic control and communications until the DOT crew could mobilize from 50+ miles away.

She asked: "Are all our trips going to be like this?"
My response: "Perhaps."

She married me anyway. And didn't even mind driving my personal sedan with a full LP6000 on it (when it was needed). :)

P.S. Yes, I still have the truck.

RCMoeur

Apr 26, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
From this morning’s event - today we only have the XL 5100 beacon on top, but have a pair of FB4s (out of view) on the shell in back, plus the trusty PAR 36s on the push bars.

Attachments

• 694BE037-0F0D-4F29-AFDE-8908489A8B3C.jpeg
    694BE037-0F0D-4F29-AFDE-8908489A8B3C.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 22

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
Is the multi color reflective pattern you choose more effective or just personal preference? You seem to have it on all your vehicles.

RCMoeur

Apr 26, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
On the rear, the outward facing downward diagonal pattern is a standard object marker pattern used on traffic control devices for decades, used in NFPA 1901, and becoming more prevalent in all types of response vehicles (I did a survey within AASHTO on the topic several years ago).

Colors are "hey, let's liven this back end up a little."

Side reflective: mostly to make our vehicles more recognizable in a crowded parking lot. Any safety bonus is a plus.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
it looks like morse code...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.