New to me 12FQ? +/-

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
I got this TS this morning and not (quite) sure if its a frankenbar or not. Thinking the center pods are early SignalStat 350 rotators. ANY info is appreciated, as always....

IMG_1868.jpgIMG_1869.jpgIMG_1870.jpgIMG_1871.jpgIMG_1869.jpg

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
The name plate says 12XQ that means that the bar had X-mirrors from the beginning and the mirrors are X-mirrors but someone has rebuild and rearranged the mirrors for one way direction.

The Q means that the bar had halogen sealed beams (H7600) from the factory.

The lampholders are most probably from a Signal-Stat Dual-Comm bar.

Michael

Reactions: Lyle

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
Thanks Michael!

Tony,
I agree, but they ruined an otherwise nice grill doing so.

coop359,
I have the grill (and a pair of clear domes). They actually drilled MULTIPLE holes in the back of it to allow little rays of light out through.
The front of the grill remains untouched. Really is a cool bar - not sure what direction to go with it.

I acquired a SignalStat amber bar along with it.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Neat,
This is one of those strange brew bars that you find every once in awhile... personally I would clean it up and leave it AS-IS.. it's a conversation starter at the very least.

Reactions: Lyle

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
You can understand why they added the flashers and rearranged the mirrors. Those X mirrors are a big disappointment for effectiveness.

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
Strange brew indeed.........

Agreed, so much bar, so few lights...........

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Tis a sad day for that twinsonic. It lived a good life. In the distance i can hear taps being played. Lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.