new (to me) car

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
well i am getting a 2005 subaru forester, 100k miles, w/turbo on it...it was in my family and it will be mine for quite a while. I do not have the money to spend on a new car right now (even with insurance money).

So here is what i have:

2 - single blue raiders

2 - microman bars Gen3 12" 9 leds, wired with 3 powers wires 3/3/3

4 - blue tir3s

2 - white/white ghost rock lights with brackets

Ideas? Hints? Tips?

I am open to new items for purchase (within a limit). I was thinking about doing a HAW kit and doing away with some of the other stuff. I already sold my slim lighter. I will be putting rear window tints on it as well as my scanner. I also have walmart rectangular fog lights that lasted me quite a while (these are new).

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
kinnelonfire75 said:
well i am getting a 2005 subaru forester, 100k miles, w/turbo on it...it was in my family and it will be mine for quite a while. I do not have the money to spend on a new car right now (even with insurance money).

So here is what i have:

2 - single blue raiders

2 - microman bars Gen3 12" 9 leds, wired with 3 powers wires 3/3/3

4 - blue tir3s

2 - white/white ghost rock lights with brackets

Ideas? Hints? Tips?

I am open to new items for purchase (within a limit). I was thinking about doing a HAW kit and doing away with some of the other stuff. I already sold my slim lighter. I will be putting rear window tints on it as well as my scanner. I also have walmart rectangular fog lights that lasted me quite a while (these are new).

hey. i'd install them as follows:

--FRONT: microman bars along the headliner, and mount ghost rock lights in the grill (if they're the spotlight model, then hook them up to a LED flasher?)

--REAR: 4 tir3's (to punch thru the tint) along the headliner

--raiders in the rear side windows

if u had the ghosts w/ the regular brackets (not the ghost rock lights with the swivel bracket, then i'd have put them on the mirrors and the tir3's in the grill).

good luck.

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
This is what I would do if your vehicle has a roof rack...

Front:

2 Raiders mounted under the cross rail of roof rack

2 Ghosts mounted under the cross rail of luggage rack in the center (purchase an led flasher so they can wig wag during response and able to swicth to steady on scene.

2 Tir3's in grill or hood scoop

Sides:

2 Microman bars ( 1 in each passenger rear window mounted to headliner or mount them on the sides of the roof rack).

Rear:

2 Tir3's on a license plate bracket

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
I like the hood scoop idea...will check it when I get the car this Friday...

I do have the cross bars... No rack...

I don't need side lighting...I'm in a blue light state. The only difference is that people are supposed to pull over...It is just nice to have rear lighting since I do go to scenes occasionally. I might put the micromans behind the grille. Some stuff will be left out. I need to tint the rear windows...they are untinted now and I don't want my things stolen.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.