New (to me) Vista's and MX7000's

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
Well, it's been a while since I've been on here. I still frequent the forums, but mostly just kinda lurk and oogle the light show. The last year has been particularly rough for me. After a recent move, I came across some bars and scooped'em up.

I have 4 MX7000's: one is a complete bar, with 2 standard outboard rotators, 2 fast inboard rotators, and a fast center roator. Clear domes with red/blue filters. an oddity is that the outboard blue is more of a teal/turquoise - the inboard is solid dark blue. Also has takedown, alleys, and intersection sweeps in the front, and front/rear flashers. I didn't get the flashers to come on, but I'll look later today when there's more light.

The remaining three MX's are all parts bars, really. two of them have arrow sticks in the back, front flashers and three rotators. The last has a couple rotators and rear lights. I think they are red strobes? OR maybe it's just a large flasher/brake light.

Also got four Vista's. Three of them the are the same: two standard outboard rotators, two fast inboard rotators, a fast center rotator with amber/white fliters - the rest are red/blue filters, takedowns, alleys, and front/rear flashers, all working. The last one is the same, but with colored domes, though it is missing the upper dome and the bottom dome is damaged.

Attachments

• MX7000 parts resize.jpeg
    MX7000 parts resize.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 41
  • mx7000 resize 1.jpeg
    mx7000 resize 1.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 40
  • mx7000 resize.jpeg
    mx7000 resize.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 38
  • mx7000 strobe resize.jpeg
    mx7000 strobe resize.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 34
  • vista parts resize 1.jpeg
    vista parts resize 1.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 38
  • vista parts resize.jpeg
    vista parts resize.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 37
  • vista resize.jpeg
    vista resize.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 45
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Code 3 seems to have more divergence in colors then other manufacturers. Mostly different shades of colors across different time periods.. I have some Green MX domes that are very light in color, and not the typical darker green seen. I have sold a few sets of NOS SD domes that had different shades of blue and or amber.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
liking the wrecker MX bar.......my amber domes would look perfect on it lol

If you think that's something, just imagine how it would look with a set of the all-too-uncommon amber outboard lower lenses too! Presuming there are any left to be found, that is.

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
The bars came with a full set of amber upper domes, but all of them are pretty warped/melted. One bar had a clear upper, with a crack, and one bar had a clear upper center, but it's cracked and broken through. I do have a solid red dome (no other colored domes) and a full set of good clear domes (as pictured). I'll probably be cleaning those up.

As for the wrecker, once I've got an inventory of all the stuff that does/doesn't work and condition of the others, I'll likely be looking to sell/trade

As for the flashers, didn't get them working today. Looks like there;s an extra wire on each of the rear flashers, so tomorrow I'll take it apart and see what the lower deck looks like. Do some individual piece resting as needed.

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
I took the top deck off, and started rooting around. The front flashers are hooked up to the rear for power, and I assume they will flash as a pair. Looking at the block, I see the ground, and a white cable that goes to the control box and an empty spot on the bottom. To the right by the flashers is the grey and grey/black wires running to the flashers, an orange one going to the control box, and then an orange jumper.

Putting power directly to each light and they turn on, and touching power to the respective grey cable lights up each pair.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20210127_151911470_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210127_151911470_HDR.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210127_151922222_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210127_151922222_HDR.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 14
Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
After doing some work around the house, I got around to playing with the multi-meter and testing the bits. Confirmed good power going in, got good ground. Fairly certain the black box is dead. I can get it to click, and I can get the lights to come on if I bypass the relay. Hooked up a spare FA3 I had on the shelf, and everything worked fine. So, a forum search later, and looks like I can swap it out with a Tridon EL13A1. Order one up tomorrow, and while I wait for that, I'll start cleaning up some domes.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
After doing some work around the house, I got around to playing with the multi-meter and testing the bits. Confirmed good power going in, got good ground. Fairly certain the black box is dead. I can get it to click, and I can get the lights to come on if I bypass the relay. Hooked up a spare FA3 I had on the shelf, and everything worked fine. So, a forum search later, and looks like I can swap it out with a Tridon EL13A1. Order one up tomorrow, and while I wait for that, I'll start cleaning up some domes.

Before you do any of that, post a photo of the 711 flasher, or whatever model yours is, showing how it's wired. It could be something as simple as the jumper wire from the Mode 1 terminal to the +12v terminal being loose or missing.

Edit: I see now that you've already posted a photo. That's a model 700 flasher and it appears that it's wired correctly.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
Hey, @shues .
Yeah, yesterday, after all my stuff was done, I just sat at my computer and read the forum. Then went and took the rotators and upper deck off, and just scoured the wires and meter testing.

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
So with the Vista, I have these Highside flashers, Part Number 8554057. Searching on the FedSig site returned nothing. Anybody here have a wiring diagram or know info on it? I've got three bars with 4 leds (a red, a blue, and 2 amber) and one of these flashers each. I was thinking of combining them all into one bar, but didn't' know is I'd need more than one flasher.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Can you post a top-down photo of the Flasher? I have two versions of that one. If I can't find the PDF I can at least tell you what wires go where.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I do not know the full specs of the flasher, just the wiring and they are 2 channel. I know they can run at least four 6 diode solaris heads off each channel. I had one bar that ran three 6 diode and one 9 diode head off each channel.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Wiring for Federal Signal 2ch LED flasher 8554057 commonly found in Arjent SL, Vista, Jet and other Solaris LED lightbars.

20210215_003142.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.