New to the scene

03ultra

Sep 3, 2019
Upstate, SC
What do I need to make this bar work? All I have is the light bar its self. I was told it would need a wccp controller. What I looked up had a pile of wires coming out of it.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
What type of lightbar do you have, or what type are you getting?

The WCCP is a WeCan Control Point and is only needed if you get a WeCan controlled lightbar. Whelen sells both Low Current lightbars as well as serially controlled WeCan lightbars. The wires you saw on the WCCP were all just low current trigger wires that would activate features you'd program into the lightbar using Whelen's software. It sounds intimidating, but it's not too bad to figure out... and you have plenty of people here that are masters of the trade.

03ultra

Sep 3, 2019
Upstate, SC
What type of lightbar do you have, or what type are you getting?

The WCCP is a WeCan Control Point and is only needed if you get a WeCan controlled lightbar. Whelen sells both Low Current lightbars as well as serially controlled WeCan lightbars. The wires you saw on the WCCP were all just low current trigger wires that would activate features you'd program into the lightbar using Whelen's software. It sounds intimidating, but it's not too bad to figure out... and you have plenty of people here that are masters of the trade.
I have aWhelen Legacy GS2 RRRR Once I see it working it will be for sale or trade for an amber light. Finally got a pic of the wires up.

Attachments

• 20190903_124019[1].jpg
    20190903_124019[1].jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 7

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
OK, I see now.

You'll need to get the WeCan Control Point before you can get it to work. You're looking at between $20 and $30 for a Control Point.

03ultra

Sep 3, 2019
Upstate, SC
Got it working. Now who needs red and has comparable yellow? Thanks for all the help. Will be posting it for sale when I get better pics. well a video wont load

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.