New type of Lights

Exterior choice

• Total voters

Quentin

So I haven't been around for a few years and seen there are a lot of new products out there. I'm looking at Federal, Whelen, and Soundoff. The info I am looking is quality, output/performance. The items I'm interested are.

Dash:
Federal
-Xstream
Whelen
-Avenger

Do the slimmer lights lose any output?
Exterior:
Federal
-MicroPulse/Ultra/Wide Angle

Whelen
-T-Series/mini

Soundoff
-mPower

BigWil

Veteran
I love the mPower line, not just because they are extremely bright and great off-axis, but because the lenses are soft. They will take a lot more abuse from road debris then anything else I've seen so far. I have 4 mPowers on the front of my truck, and 2 Axixtech lights. The one Axixtech is cracked due to debris, no issues with the mPowers.

pdk9

Veteran Member
I’ve always been a Whelen guy and preferred FedSig for their ILBs (I haven’t been super impressed with Whelen’s inner edge for the last few years). I think W’s dash lights (Avenger & Avenger II) and larger perimeter lights (M-series) are the best out there. While I like their ILBs and their external lightbars that have the spectralux (ie valor), I’m not impressed with any of FedSig’s perimeter warning.

That being said, IMHO the SOS M-power outdoes the other linear and TIR 6 diode lightheads on the market from all the big companies in terms of brightness (head on and off axis) & ruggedness. Our Battalion chief vehicles use the T ions for perimeter warning & they have good off axis for being such a thin lighthead, but their overall output just seems decent. The micropulses are just so-so IMO, & I think the Whelen t ions & SOS m power fascias are both superior products.

OP
OP
Quentin

Quentin

I’m looking at the PB450L and looks like it comes with Soundoff Nforce. I like there MPower lights. How are the Nforce?

Phillyrube

These aren't in the running, but I have a pair of Feniex Fusion T3 lights on a license plate bracket, wired as aux brakelights (this IS horlando). I think they are brighter than the Whelen Talons I have on the rear deck of another car.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbull13
Top Bottom