New type of Lights

Exterior choice

• Total voters

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
So I haven't been around for a few years and seen there are a lot of new products out there. I'm looking at Federal, Whelen, and Soundoff. The info I am looking is quality, output/performance. The items I'm interested are.

Dash:
Federal
-Xstream
Whelen
-Avenger

Do the slimmer lights lose any output?
Exterior:
Federal
-MicroPulse/Ultra/Wide Angle

Whelen
-T-Series/mini

Soundoff
-mPower

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
I love the mPower line, not just because they are extremely bright and great off-axis, but because the lenses are soft. They will take a lot more abuse from road debris then anything else I've seen so far. I have 4 mPowers on the front of my truck, and 2 Axixtech lights. The one Axixtech is cracked due to debris, no issues with the mPowers.

Reactions: GLUpfitting

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I’ve always been a Whelen guy and preferred FedSig for their ILBs (I haven’t been super impressed with Whelen’s inner edge for the last few years). I think W’s dash lights (Avenger & Avenger II) and larger perimeter lights (M-series) are the best out there. While I like their ILBs and their external lightbars that have the spectralux (ie valor), I’m not impressed with any of FedSig’s perimeter warning.

That being said, IMHO the SOS M-power outdoes the other linear and TIR 6 diode lightheads on the market from all the big companies in terms of brightness (head on and off axis) & ruggedness. Our Battalion chief vehicles use the T ions for perimeter warning & they have good off axis for being such a thin lighthead, but their overall output just seems decent. The micropulses are just so-so IMO, & I think the Whelen t ions & SOS m power fascias are both superior products.

Reactions: GLUpfitting

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
These aren't in the running, but I have a pair of Feniex Fusion T3 lights on a license plate bracket, wired as aux brakelights (this IS horlando). I think they are brighter than the Whelen Talons I have on the rear deck of another car.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.