New vehicle lights and siren installation

aharonhakohen

Apr 5, 2019
NJ
Hi all -

If this is not the proper forum to post, please let me know.

I recently purchased a 2016 Nissan NV 3500. I previously had a Ford Econoline, and would rather just get new equipment than move everything over.

I am looking for your suggestions as for what to install (self-install). My budget is not huge (I would like to stay well under $1000), so I understand that I will have to use some Chinese products.

What I would like:

- siren
- headlight and tail light wig wags
- front and rear low profile blue/white light bar
- front grille lights
- rear bumper lights
- side fender lights
- control unit

Ideally, if they make products where I can choose between blue/white or Amber/white, that would be ideal. If not, then I will need some blue/white and some Amber/white.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
we can get blue amber white tricolor products from Soundoff but they won't be cheap and certainly NOT available at that price point.

By front and rear low profile lightbar do you mean exterior or interior?

aharonhakohen

Apr 5, 2019
NJ
Thank you for the reply.

Preferably exterior, but not a requirement. If multiple colors is not an option at my price point, then I would need both amber/white and blue/white (or individual lights of amber/white/blue, that I can synchronize the amber and white, as well as the blue and white).

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Hi all -

If this is not the proper forum to post, please let me know.

I recently purchased a 2016 Nissan NV 3500. I previously had a Ford Econoline, and would rather just get new equipment than move everything over.

I am looking for your suggestions as for what to install (self-install). My budget is not huge (I would like to stay well under $1000), so I understand that I will have to use some Chinese products.

What I would like:

- siren
- headlight and tail light wig wags
- front and rear low profile blue/white light bar
- front grille lights
- rear bumper lights
- side fender lights
- control unit

Ideally, if they make products where I can choose between blue/white or Amber/white, that would be ideal. If not, then I will need some blue/white and some Amber/white.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
That budget honestly won’t get you half of that setup, even with single color Chinese/knockoff products.
I’d just get an all blue exterior lightbar to the front and an all amber mini lightbar to the rear. Turn the rear only on when you need Amber, and then both on when you need blue/amber. I’m not aware of any V&T law that requires clear lighting to be mixed in with the other colors, & all economy lightbars are generally just available in red, blue, red/blue, & amber (anything else would increase the cost)

IF YOU WANT A FULL-SIZE LIGHTBAR:
You can a Star Razor M-tech LED bar for around $700 new for the front (I saw that Galls, of all places, had them on sale for $600). You can look at strobes n more for a $200 economy mini lightbar, and have a little left over for siren and speaker (the most basic ones will run you $100 EACH). The full size bar to the front and minibar to the rear will give you ok side warning too.

ALTERNATIVE (If you feel that you absolutely must have dual color)
Get a 8 dual color Feniex fusions @ $80 ea (2 on front Grill, 2 on driver side, 2 on passenger side, 2 rear) & a minibar on the front roof. Then you have a little leftover for siren & speaker. It’ll satisfy a 360 coverage requirement, but it won’t do a very good job of it.

aharonhakohen

Apr 5, 2019
NJ
Thank you for your response. I am flexible with pricing, that was more of 'I hope to stay within $1000.' Also, since I am doing the install myself, I can/will buy piecemeal.

What controller would you recommend?

Thank you!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Feniex 4200 mini. There’s no better deal on a controller out there....rugged, compact, easily programmable for $100

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.