New Whelen Rota Beam R316 and R416 LED Beacons

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
kitn1mcc said:
also what the Difference from the 316 and 416

On the price list, 316 is described as "High Dome"... Not sure what other differences, if any, there are... But that is a differene on the price list description at least.

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Oh... I already have my crossbar plans pinned to the wall in "The Lab'. :cool:

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
Okay think of the "low version" guts in a justice. Low profile rotating led light-bar. Genus. I take credit for this idea Whelen, (ie, send me a free mini when you make them, thanks)

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
:shhh: ..... I am not saying a word!

kitn1mcc said:
gonna use the whelen crossbar

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
i had the chance to play with one in white today all i can say is wow. you turn it on and think you hear rotar motor thats how realistic it looks

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
I actually talked to Whelen Auto Sales and they report its ready for order from any Whelen distributor. Does anyone know who has them for sale online?

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
LED said:
I actually talked to Whelen Auto Sales and they report its ready for order from any Whelen distributor. Does anyone know who has them for sale online?

I got a quote from Louis of $517 for a red one... Although they are not listed on the website.. I'm sure he can get ya what you need...!

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
StEaLtH2 said:
I got a quote from Louis of $517 for a red one...
That's retarded. Whelen is out to lunch if they think this new rotating "technology" is worth a half grand a shot!! If I really want rotators that bad I'll buy a $50 used sealed beam and put the other $467 I saved into running a thicker gauge wire and a lifetime's supply of spare bulbs!

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
fireman29b said:
Probably gonna order a couple for one of the engines but wanna see a few more videos before I commit.

Anyone?

We're currently upgrading an engine from halogen to LED, using the FedSig SLR Rotators on the upper/rear. They look really good (other than the fact that the customer has tractor lights beside it which blocks half the light:duh: ). If I can snag some video before the truck is picked up by the customer, I'll post it.

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
leftcoastmark said:
We're currently upgrading an engine from halogen to LED, using the FedSig SLR Rotators on the upper/rear. They look really good (other than the fact that the customer has tractor lights beside it which blocks half the light:duh: ). If I can snag some video before the truck is picked up by the customer, I'll post it.

I've thought about the SLR's but I'm kind of a Whelen guy. We haven't 100% made our mind up but we do like the "pop" look that the new RotaBeam LED has. Sure looks as close to a halogen rotator as I've seen yet.

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
East hampton CT FD changed out a set on the back of there tanker and they look amazing they are well worth it

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
fireman29b said:
Yes I've been following that but no one has done any actual review nor a video/pics on a vehicle yet.

You're welcome...smart ass

That was not directed to anyone individually and there are peope in this thread that may not have seen the other.

No need to get your panties bunched up.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
fireman29b said:
I've got a pair on order. I'll update with pics and a review when I get them in and installed.

So twenny nine bravo,.... Have the goodies yet...?.... :popcorn:

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
StEaLtH2 said:
So twenny nine bravo,.... Have the goodies yet...?.... :popcorn:

Still waiting for them to come in........

Did put a slick Justice on that rig this last week. We shall keep waiting I guess for the RotaBeams.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
fireman29b said:
Still waiting for them to come in........

Did put a slick Justice on that rig this last week. We shall keep waiting I guess for the RotaBeams.

Thanks, what color..? Both same.? :undecided:

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
They're on! This was taken with 4pm sun facing back of truck (the worst it could be). The video really does not do them any justice. The bottom video was taken

Sixgun112

Jan 11, 2013
Pickerington, ohio
I'm in Charlotte NC at the National Sheriff's Association Conference Expo and the Whelen Booth had some info out about the new Whelen LED RotaBeam "Sixty Years in the Making" that is in the works..They rep. didn't have much info on production though... I took a picture and have included.. Just thought I would share here...

image.jpg

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Sixgun112 said:
I'm in Charlotte NC at the National Sheriff's Association Conference Expo and the Whelen Booth had some info out about the new Whelen LED RotaBeam "Sixty Years in the Making" that is in the works..They rep. didn't have much info on production though... I took a picture and have included.. Just thought I would share here...

Note the original version SENIOR on top of the fire truck.

OTFD122

May 24, 2010
SE Michigan
I saw a utility bucket truck today with LED RotaBeams on either side of the boom... VERY impressed. I was certainly skeptical, and it fooled me from a distance into thinking it was a rotator. Had a nice rotator "pop" and just a cool look!

OliverD

Dec 31, 2016
Belgium
I bought it at the importer, the only one who imports Whelen products in Belgium ; Burson Automotive near Brussel, he has no stock, no website.
The product comes from Whelen US and passed through Woodway Engeenering in England before ending in Belgium.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.