New York State Police FINALLY getting new lightbar.

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead
I like that they went with colored lenses again. I'm guessing LR-11 TD's surrounding the center white again?

Big question is what did they do with the back? Did they do the mismatched blues & ambers again that drove me nuts?

Reactions: FCV96

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
well colored filters not lenses but Igor your point, and as far as the back is concerned it’s still the same setup as well. The front flash pattern though is different when vehicle is in park.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Love the new bar and slow park flash pattern; i think they tried to get too fancy with the new ion riser bars as an all-around lighting solution, instead of focusing on a solid lightbar for primary warning (& maybe adding something such as the risers as “auxiliary” warning in troops that cover a lot of highway).

I just wish that they’d block the amber and blue in sections in the rear, though, and give all units (not just slicktops) mirrorbeams and a centered dash light

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.