NJ State Police FedSig Valor

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
is the NJSP going to do away with the Liberty? Is the Federal Signal Valor the next in line?

I have yet to see this bar in action. Does anyone know how the NJSP has these set up? like what colors are where, what type of pattern etc...

404169_400967353261763_100000455066466_1447539_1066453567_n.jpg

581029_400967519928413_100000455066466_1447541_420730376_n.jpg

579727_400967033261795_100000455066466_1447538_1207675122_n.jpg

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
It is just a test bar. I was talking to a trooper in January when I was working at Metlife Stadium and asked him about it, he said it was just a test and it was too expensive for the state to buy for all cars. He said he loved it, it was brighter than the liberty and wished it was not so expensive. I do not remember what flash patter in was on but it is standard red over drivers side blue over passenger side.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
A lot of the NJSP bars are all red to the front , and only red blue to the rear

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
The ones with the red to the front and red blue to the rear are units purchased by the Turnpike authority, if you look at the LPs on thoes cars the have Turnpike plates. They also have different patterns on the liberties. If the car is purchased by the state police it is half red half blue bar with the back and forth pattern. Also if you noticed on the older cars that were stationed on the Turnpike and the GSP they were the only vehicles that had Vector/Vision bars.

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
Another spotting difference.... NJ Turnpike and GSP cruisers are the only ones that have cruiser numbers on the sides (on the lower front fender of Turnpike sedans and lower front corner of the front door on Turnpike and GSP Tahoes and on the "C" pillar for GSP sedans). Regular Troop Cars have numerals only on the roof for aerial identification. Also Turnpike and GSP units do not have "EMERGENCY DIAL 9-1-1" lettering on upper rear fenders.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
More importantly, do you know what type of cars they will be using to replace the crown vics? There is a member on here NJSP something who does the installs for them, maybe he can chime in.

Oh, and you shoulda asked him to turn it on!

C420sailor

May 23, 2010
Virginia, USA
NJEMT said:
If the car is purchased by the state police it is half red half blue bar with the back and forth pattern.

That Knight Rider pattern sucks. I haven't seen one of those cars on the turnpike in years, but I can remember how cheap looking and ineffective those patterns were.

And I'm sure the Valor is super effective, especially at intersections, but it sure looks awkward. I wonder how effective it is to the front with all of that real estate facing out at a 45* angle?

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
C420sailor said:
That Knight Rider pattern sucks. I haven't seen one of those cars on the turnpike in years, but I can remember how cheap looking and ineffective those patterns were.

And I'm sure the Valor is super effective, especially at intersections, but it sure looks awkward. I wonder how effective it is to the front with all of that real estate facing out at a 45* angle?

I have a Valor my self and even with it facing to the sides, it does not lose in brightness:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bligl_W_lAw&list=UUE1PVNg-4-3K9c3R98ovMAg&index=1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpgroAf9mwg&list=UUE1PVNg-4-3K9c3R98ovMAg&index=2&feature=plcp

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Light bars seem to be getting smaller and smaller these days. It looks like that one has a single row of LEDs all the way around.

NJSP6156

Mar 17, 2012
NJ
theroofable said:
More importantly, do you know what type of cars they will be using to replace the crown vics? There is a member on here NJSP something who does the installs for them, maybe he can chime in.
Oh, and you shoulda asked him to turn it on!

According to my supervisor we are going caprice to replace the Vic for troops A-D. (state purchased vehicle units). Although we just finally got a boatload of 2011 crown Vic's sitting in division waiting to replace the older road cars. Usually ordering is every 2-3 years for state cars but with governor Christie's budget it's a tough call.

Troop E on the other hand has more cash than they know what to do with, according to my brother who is a trooper on the GSP, all Vic's and chargersk/impalas( unmarked tac-pac) are being replaced by tahoes. This is already beginning to happen.

I guess only time will tell for sure, that's what I know of it.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
NJSP6156 said:
According to my supervisor we are going caprice to replace the Vic for troops A-D. (state purchased vehicle units). Although we just finally got a boatload of 2011 crown Vic's sitting in division waiting to replace the older road cars. Usually ordering is every 2-3 years for state cars but with governor Christie's budget it's a tough call.
Troop E on the other hand has more cash than they know what to do with, according to my brother who is a trooper on the GSP, all Vic's and chargersk/impalas( unmarked tac-pac) are being replaced by tahoes. This is already beginning to happen.

I guess only time will tell for sure, that's what I know of it.
Wish they would go with the chargers. There are still a few older durangos in the barracks by me that they bring out in the winter. The crown vics had a nice look to them, too bad that they have to go.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Chargers, Tahoes, and new Interceptors would be a pretty good looking fleet

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Valors are amazing. Wasn't for the price I'd own one already. Can anyone that does own one answer this. The led takedown-alleys that they add onto the feet, how effective/bright are they?

cswroe

Apr 25, 2012
Northwest Indiana
Phoenix_Rising said:
Valors are amazing. Wasn't for the price I'd own one already. Can anyone that does own one answer this. The led takedown-alleys that they add onto the feet, how effective/bright are they?

They are bright, but really did not seem much brighter than the ones in the bar. We had them on the test bar from FS, but when it came time to order, we did not include them. I think the main advantage is for those who do not want to loose the real estate, but who uses their take-downs or alleys as designed when they are code3?

If you need a lot of light, just use the scene light feature. When we turn that thing on, everything stops, people look (including the criminals) and they say, "that is just too cool".

Last edited by a moderator:

DaCityPolice

May 23, 2010
Washington, DC
cswroe said:
If you need a lot of light, just use the scene light feature. When we turn that thing on, everything stops, people look (including the criminals) and they say, "that is just too cool".

Same here. When I make traffic stops, I only use the right scene light and takedown (forward facing modules) because the left scene blinds me too much. The entire bar on white is so d@

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.