No drill lightbar mounting

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
Are there other manufacturers for a no drill mount such as the ACARI one? I hope this is in the right place, I haven't been on here in probably a couple years. The search function didn't show any results and I'm not adapting to this newer forum very quickly. Thanks for any info you can provide.

liltum56

Apr 28, 2018
Honolulu
The Honolulu police department have personal cars with Whelen mini light bars on top. They aren’t permanent mounts and have some type of clamp I believe. It is then secured with a padlock to prevent theft. Wires appear to go through the door seal, most likely into a plug. Probably leaks during rain

warubozu47

Oct 6, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Honolulu PD uses "cheetah straps" or "rooftop bars" made by TRAD in Oregon that have Whelen Responder IIs attached. A three conductor flat cable fitted with a male Cinch connector is run into the doorjamb into the cab, where the female Cinch connector is located. They used to leak quite a bit, but if you extend the wire and run it down the door jamb, its not so bad.

Acari Engineering

Jun 18, 2020
Deep River Connecticut
Are there other manufacturers for a no drill mount such as the ACARI one? I hope this is in the right place, I haven't been on here in probably a couple years. The search function didn't show any results and I'm not adapting to this newer forum very quickly. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Other companies use different methods of fastening the mount to the vehicle. With our patented mounting clamps, your mount will be secure for years to come and with ZERO moisture entering the cab. https://acariproducts.com/products/

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.