No power at control head

Signalmaster

Apr 30, 2020
Long Beach California
Why everybody I just bought a ss2000sm but I cannot get the control head to light up the clicks when I turn the power on I hear a click when I click the microphone real quick but no lights on the control head I had two cables I ordered them new to go from the control head to the amplifier one's a reverse and one's a straight cable neither one of them lit up the control head. I get no lights no sound these are not factory cables from federal signal never from a second party on eBay which cable does one need from the control head to the amplifier a straight cable or a reverse cable. I use both of them and I cannot get the light to control head to light up at all any suggestions besides throwing it All away

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
Could be a few things.
- The backlighting and button sounds may have been turned off in the programming.
- The control head is bad.
- A standard "wall outlet to telephone" cable will work. It's nothing special about the cable.
- Try pushing the "Standby" button a few times until the backlighting comes on.
- As for the "beep" when pushing the buttons. It may be turned off in the programming.

Signalmaster

Apr 30, 2020
Long Beach California
Why everybody I just bought a ss2000sm but I cannot get the control head to light up the clicks when I turn the power on I hear a click when I click the microphone real quick but no lights on the control head I had two cables I ordered them new to go from the control head to the amplifier one's a reverse and one's a straight cable neither one of them lit up the control head. I get no lights no sound these are not factory cables from federal signal never from a second party on eBay which cable does one need from the control head to the amplifier a straight cable or a reverse cable. I use both of them and I cannot get the light to control head to light up at all any suggestions besides throwing it All away
Okay so I'll use the straight phone cable and then I'm going to eBay and order another control head. thanks for your reply it was very quick. Don't see a way to program it it says power up but I can't power up..

Signalmaster

Apr 30, 2020
Long Beach California
Could be a few things.
- The backlighting and button sounds may have been turned off in the programming.
- The control head is bad.
- A standard "wall outlet to telephone" cable will work. It's nothing special about the cable.
- Try pushing the "Standby" button a few times until the backlighting comes on.
- As for the "beep" when pushing the buttons. It may be turned off in the programming.
and now that you think about it I guess I should hook a siren up I've been clicking the microphone really quick just a quick click cuz I don't want to burn the amplifier out but I don't have a appropriate speaker yet so I should get a speaker and try it see if the makes siren or a PA function.

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
You will need both of these manuals.
When you test the siren. Be sure the position slider is on 3.

Attachments

• 255283.pdf
    157.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 255336.pdf
    320.3 KB · Views: 4

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
Do you have all of your wiring connected?
Your main power, power and ground from the plug on the back of the amplifier.

Signalmaster

Apr 30, 2020
Long Beach California
Yes power ground and main power for their lights I got battery test battery none of the other wires are hooked up for a siren or for a horn the horn loop all that I haven't I haven't hooked up I'll check out those manuals thank you for posting those

Signalmaster

Apr 30, 2020
Long Beach California
When I flip the power toggle switch I hear a click and I don't have a siren hook up so just real quickly I clicked the microphone and I hear it click in there so I just ordered a PA speaker from a brand new one from eBay so we can at least get a speaker in there to test

JPC

Sep 1, 2020
Someone may have opened the control head and modified it to not have backlighting. I bought a ss2000sm once that the control head had an aftermarket relay installed in it so that position 1 on the slide switch was on all the time. You might want to open the control head and see if someone has been in it.

Reactions: kabsher8093

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.