Noco vehicle chargers

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Has anyone ever used these in a fleet vehicle application or at all. Usually we use kussmaul but for our new utility they were trying to save some money . Seems does about the same thing unless I’m missing something . Any ideas, thoughts or experiences would be great
Thanks

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Seems like a cheap (not in a good way) alternative. Can only charge at 10A max which seems low for an emergency vehicle. Does not seem to support an external display or have a battery saver for charging flashlights/portable radios etc..

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Yea I looked into it more. Not going to work for what we need
Prob just go with a kussmaul unless anyone else has other suggestions

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Kussmaul is pretty much the gold standard for emergency vehicles. The only other chargers I might go with are Vanner or maybe Blue Sea (more geared towards marine?)

Kussmaul has the new auto ejects with the display built in which seems pretty slick.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
I know kussmaul is the industry standard
Was curious if anything new or different out that I missed. I saw the blue sea ones seem interesting I saw the xantrax line also
but I guess just stay with kussmaul
They were trying to save a little money because we are also getting a new tower ladder
The idea was to reuse the one we have but that kussmaul is for a single battery and the new Silverado we ordered dual batteries. I don’t really want to use he kussmaul on the aux battery only. Doesn’t make sense Will be great the radios and flashlights will be charged but what good is that is truck won’t start
I’m trying to explain that but not wanting to hear spending all that money on something we have

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Are those batteries connected through an isolator or simply in parallel? If there's no isolator you don't need a dual charger.
That is a good point. I not sure yet as the truck was just ordered and prob another month before we get delivery from Chevy
It is a factory option and doesn’t say in the specs. I guess we will have to see
Unless someone got there’s already

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.