Non-electrical guy needs help

1967RMP

Jul 13, 2011
So Cal
I rent my car for movies and such, and I'm looking for a simple solution to hooking up my roof light, which resembles a FS Model 11. The set up should be temporary so the light can be removed when not in use. (I put magnets on the base - the wire on the roof will be camouflaged.) I'm imagining the wires running down the A-pillar, meeting up with a switch at the dash, then connecting to the battery. Not being very knowledgeable about lighting, I need help in-between the light and the battery. It says 12V 9 amp. Thanks!

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Your Wolo Power Beam more closely resembles a FS Model 14.

The Model 11 is also known as the Twin Beacon Ray. It has two beacons, which do look like Model 14 beacons but are actually different. One beacon has a motor and one does not. There is a chain drive connecting the two beacons. It looks something like this:

Use a relay to power the light from the battery. I like to use oversized wire for power and ground. 10-12 gauge will minimize voltage drop. You could use lighter but you might have more issues. I like to add a quick detach plug. The relay can be energized from a low draw circuit on the fuse block. Unless you have some beefy magnets buy some extra lenses. You will need them. The light will not stay on.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.