Normally I'd be a little miffed, but...

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
I purchased a pair of Whelen/Austin strobes on fleabay for $17 shipped. They arrived today, and heard them rattling around and felt them moving freely in the box. Opened it up and - no packing material at all.
20220813_124036.jpg

I was about to be mad about it until my eye caught the price of the postage.
20220813_124520.jpg

I can honestly say that I'd would never do the same thing to a buyer (a good way to lose money and earn negative feedback), but I can understand it. I've shot myself in the foot a couple of times like that in the past. Besides, like @Jennifer Rose Towing says, these lights are made tough for tough environments. Lots of banging around and vibration.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I am surprised they survived. The insides take a beating on some trucks so I wouldnt think of packing inside the domes. If ya sell something and it breaks because ya didnt pack it, you will be out even more because you will need to refund the buyers money. A bunch of crumpled up free walmart bags would have been just fine here. I probably would leave neutral feedback saying not a scrap of packing.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
As @shues said, they made a mistake going flat rate vs a more appropriately sized box and paying by weight. They could've used junk mail fliers or even bought a Sunday paper to use as packing material, or the shopping bags as suggested too. That is just laziness on their part.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.