North American/ Unity lightbar "The Beast"

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
This is first attempt at uploading a video, so i hope it works.

I purchased this set-up from the Roan Mountain Volunteer Fire Dept in Carter Co Tn, Bought it 5 years ago and haven't even cleaned or serviced it. They had it mounted on a mid 70's Ford Tanker i believe. It was built by C.C. Clark of Johnson City,TN. He was a full time officer and sold equipment/ installed them in his off time.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I like it. (Even though you don't see much of the center light due to the bug scoops on each side.)

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Great eye Candy, Thanks!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :D

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Awesome! Hey, does the Unity Beacon suffer from hang-over syndrome? ie. Does it eventually speed up? I have had many, especially the 2 lamp versions start at a crawl and then after a few mins are up to full speed. :weird:

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
badge22 said:
Awesome! Hey, does the Unity Beacon suffer from hang-over syndrome? ie. Does it eventually speed up? I have had many, especially the 2 lamp versions start at a crawl and then after a few mins are up to full speed. :weird:

Yeah, when i speed up the engine it would spin a little faster, should have replaced the burnt out bulb before i did the video

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I wonder what make and model of siren was used with those speakers when the truck was in service?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Very good video of "the beast." Those NA Sig beacons are fast for 3-bulb runners!

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Nice! Brighter and more effective than some of the Chinese knockoff LED lightbars of today!!!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Holy amp draw, Batman!!!!!

Very effective, but I do think the center RV-46 is a bit of a waste due to the speakers flanking it.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
stansdds said:
Holy amp draw, Batman!!!!!

Very effective, but I do think the center RV-46 is a bit of a waste due to the speakers flanking it.

I agree. It looks good forward and back, but the speakers defeat side warning. Maybe a Federal 184H would do the trick to stand above the speakers;).

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
That is awesome...nice lightbar! It's great to see videos of these lights in action, rather than the usual picture. Is the far right light amber or is it just a faded red dome? I had something similar with a Visibar but without the speakers. I'll have to look for the video but here's what it looked like.

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c357_saleenxp8_Lightbars_CIMG0163.jpg

Oct 28, 2010
Kingston NY
Wheels said:
That is awesome...nice lightbar! It's great to see videos of these lights in action, rather than the usual picture. Is the far right light amber or is it just a faded red dome? I had something similar with a Visibar but without the speakers. I'll have to look for the video but here's what it looked like.

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c357_saleenxp8_Lightbars_CIMG0163.jpg
Hey Wheels, that is pretty cool looking....

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That's a pretty sweet modified Twin Beacon Ray bar. Looks to be a Federal 143 in the center. :thumbsup:

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
Thanks guys, yeah that setup looked sharp when all the lights lit up. It did have a 143 in the center. I saved a lot of videos of my lightbars on different memory cards. As soon as i find it...I'll post it.

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
Maxim2Eng said:
If I'm not mistaken, the center light is an RV-45...but I want to know more about the MoPar in the background!

Thats my 1968 Plymouth Road Runner, I have owned since 1982, Its been modified a little from stock! lol, It has a 440 bored .030 over, It also has a six pack set-up. behind all that is a 4 speed and 3.91 gear in the rear end. It used to have a 383, but i blew it up one night racing out on the interstate back in my young and dumb days. The picture i have posted was taken back in november. I thought i would see how it looked with a blue light.

1018111141a.jpg

1018111141.jpg

Oct 28, 2010
Kingston NY
plybeep68 said:
Thats my 1968 Plymouth Road Runner, I have owned since 1982, Its been modified a little from stock! lol, It has a 440 bored .030 over, It also has a six pack set-up. behind all that is a 4 speed and 3.91 gear in the rear end. It used to have a 383, but i blew it up one night racing out on the interstate back in my young and dumb days. The picture i have posted was taken back in november. I thought i would see how it looked with a blue light.
View attachment 21472

View attachment 21479
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! That is a flippin sweet looking car...............
Thanks for posting pics of this.

PinballCharlie

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.